Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Sandy Springs GA Georgia
2 weeks ago
Note: If you are CURRENTLY employed at Children's and/or have an active badge or network access, STOP here. Submit your application via Workday using the Career App (Find Jobs).
Shift Start Time
Shift End Time
Children’s is one of the nation’s leading children’s hospitals. No matter the role, every member of our team is an essential part of our mission to make kids better today and healthier tomorrow. We’re committed to putting you first, and that commitment is at the heart of our company culture: People first. Children always. Find your next career opportunity and make a difference doing what you love at Children’s.
Responsible for providing comprehensive care at an advanced practice level to children and their families through assessment, communication, clinical management, collaboration, coordination, education, program development, research, self-evaluation, professional development, and system participation.
• No minimum experience required
• 2 years of experience in pediatric nursing preferred
• Experience in program development preferred
• Master’s Degree in Nursing
• Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the single State of Georgia or Multi-State through the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact and Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) licensure in the state of Georgia
• Certification by the American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC), American Academy of Nurse Practitioner Certification program (AANP), Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB), or National Certification Corporation (NCC)
• Nurse Practitioners working in Emergency Medicine, Urgent Care, Anesthesia, Hematology/Oncology and Critical Care must have a current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) within 60 days of hire
• Nurse Practitioner working in other areas must have current Basic Life Support (BLS) or PEARS Certification upon hire
• Nurse Practitioners working in Neonatology may provide NRP certification in lieu of PALS
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Proficiency in pediatric physical assessment skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Provides comprehensive patient care management within a collaborative practice model, with functions and duties as outlined in the physician/APRN practice agreements.
• Provides culturally sensitive patient care that is in accordance with state licensure and regulations and is based upon the standards of practice as defined by APRN certifying agencies (PNCB, ANCC).
• Assesses, diagnoses, plans, implements, and evaluates care of the pediatric patient working collaboratively with other health professionals using approaches that recognize each one’s expertise to meet the needs of the patients.
• Consistently works to eliminate communication barriers, participating as a key member of an interdisciplinary team.
• Serves as an educational resource for patients, families, health care professionals, students, and lay public regarding area of clinical subspecialty. Assists in development, creation, and implementation of educational programs.
• Participates in identification and development of programs within clinical specialty at service line, system, and/or regional levels as required by the service line.
• Utilizes research to identify, examine, and evaluate creative approaches to health care with the goal of improved outcomes for the patient and family. Participates in continuous quality improvement based on professional practice standards and relevant statutes and regulations.
• Expands clinical and professional knowledge base. Recognizes the importance of participation in professional organizations. Accepts personal responsibility for professional development and the maintenance of professional competence and credentials. Continuously conducts self-evaluation of advanced nursing practice skills in an effort to ensure competent clinical care and continued self-development.
• Participates in and complies with hospital/departmental policies, regulations, and programs. Assists in the development, implementation, management, marketing, and evaluation of a program of specialty and/or overall program.
Primary Location Address
859 Mount Vernon Hwy NE
Nurse Practitioner/Phys Assistant
Sandy Springs GA USA (+2 others)
Jobs in Sandy Springs GA Georgia
Advanced Practice Provider (PNP or PA) - Pulmonology Sandy Springs jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.