JobRxIndex Baltimore MD United States
2 weeks ago
Evening shift -12:30-9:00 pm
Under the supervision and direction of a pharmacist, assists in compounding and/or dispensing drugs or diagnostics; and assists in the identification and appraisal of problems concerning the use or monitoring of drug therapy
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Fills orders accurately and according to Departmental procedures.
• Compounds and fills IV admixtures accurately and according to Departmental procedures.
• Assists pharmacists by screening inquiries, phone calls, and door/window visits that deal strictly with the disposition of medications.
• Delivers medications, controlled substances, and IV fluid and restocks automated medication dispensing machines and manual floor stock areas according to Departmental standards.
• Performs monthly inspections of assigned nursing/treatment areas, where medications are stored, in the specified time period.
• Keeps repackaging and prepackaging records accurately and completely.
• Receives, verifies, and places into inventory, supplies as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Pharmacists, the Pharmacy Team Leader, the Pharmacy Supervisor, the Pharmacy Clinical Coordinator, and/or the Director of Pharmacy.
When we say "our community" we mean it.
UMMC Midtown Campus, one of two campuses of the University of Maryland Medical Center, has had a long history of working to keep our community healthy and has grown to become a trusted teaching hospital for medical and surgical care in Baltimore City.
Located in Baltimore's cultural center near the historic Mount Vernon neighborhood, UMMC Midtown Campus is a 180-bed, community teaching hospital with a focus on helping people manage chronic diseases, including diabetes, hypertension, pulmonary conditions, and infectious diseases.
• High school graduate or equivalent education.
• Completion of a pharmacy technician certification program is desirable, but not required.
• Technician registration, or eligibility for such, with the Maryland Board of Pharmacy is required.
• One to two years hospital pharmacy experience desirable, but not required
Baltimore MD USA
Jobs in Baltimore MD United States
Pharmacy Technician Baltimore jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.