Vertex Pharmaceuticals Boston MA United States
2 months ago
Vertex Pharmaceuticals is seeking to hire a Director, reporting to the Sr. Director of U.S. Marketing, to join our growing team in Boston, MA. This role is responsible for developing and supporting US brand strategy and executing against the Health Care Professionals (HCP) promotional marketing strategy and tactics to support the launch of our first genetic therapy for... hemoglobinopathies (sickle cell disease and beta thalassemia). The Director will act as the lead and be responsible for the HCP promotional activities both through personal and non-personal channels. The successful candidate will have an ability to thrive in an environment of rapid change, demonstrate strong communication, work effectively within cross-functional teams, and have a problem-solving and analytical mindset.
• Works cross functionally to ensure an integrated brand strategy that includes market access, sales leadership, medical affairs, and communications.
• Ensures that the brand strategy is translated with an effective launch tactical plan for HCPs and care teams.
• Engages with the HCP community for transfusion-dependent thalassemia (TDT) and sickle cell disease (SCD), including both transplanter surgeon/staff and referring hematologists, to understand community challenges and opportunities influence perceptions, and to develop advocates
• Collaborates with internal Legal, Medical, and Regulatory partners to deliver a compelling, effective brand campaign for hematologists, transplanters, and associated care teams.
• Works with external agencies (including promotional) to execute promotional strategy and tactics through personal and non-personal channels, while ensuring external partners remain on-time and on-budget.
• Ensures brands are supported by a comprehensive research plan which includes primary and secondary research.
• Leverages primary and secondary research to develop clear, actionable insights that accurately inform the key drivers and barriers to a successful launch strategy.
• Collaborates with field leadership and team members to obtain input on launch strategies and tactics.
• Leads a team to deliver tactics against the multiple audiences described above
• Communicates promotional strategy and tactics to field sales teams with a clear call to action and aspirational but achievable performance goals.
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 8 years marketing, consulting or agency experience in healthcare/biopharmaceuticals, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Experience developing communications/tactics in U.S. or global marketing is required
• Hemoglobinopathies (sickle cell disease and beta thalassemia), cell or genetic therapy, infusion center/bone marrow transplant, and/or hospital-based experience is required
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage initiatives that require collaboration across multiple functional areas.
• An entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems.
• Strong written communication skills, presentation delivery, and interpersonal skills to be effective in a team environment. A solid compliance mindset and demonstrated integrity on the job.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Please note that Vertex requires COVID-19 vaccination for all employees working in the U.S. as a condition of employment at Vertex, subject to medical, religious or other accommodations or exemptions required by law. We believe this requirement is vital to keeping everyone at Vertex and in our communities safe. This requirement applies to both existing and new employees who may at any time work on-site at a Vertex facility or visit another location on behalf of Vertex (e.g., conferences, customer visits, etc.), including all remote employees. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at [email protected]
Boston MA USA
Jobs in Boston MA United States
Director, US Heme Marketing HCP Lead Boston jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.