Winrock International Kathmandu Nepal
3 months ago
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager (national position)
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal, with travel to districts
Department: Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning
Report to: Chief of Party
Project: Hamro Samman
Duration: 12 months
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. Winrock matches innovative approaches in agriculture, natural resources management, clean energy, and leadership development with the unique needs of its partners. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.
This position is contingent on receipt of donor funding. The anticipated period of performance would be March 2023 – February 2024 (twelve months) with a... possibility for extension pending receipt of additional funding.
Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International is recruiting applicants for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager for the Hamro Samman project, a USAID-funded program to combat trafficking in persons (CTIP) in Nepal. The program seeks to reduce the prevalence of human trafficking in the country through strengthened capacity of communities to identify trafficking victims and take action; improved access of trafficking victims to assistance; increased responsiveness of criminal justice actors to trafficking victims; and effective and coordinated partnerships among stakeholders to combat trafficking.
The MEL Manager will be responsible for developing and managing M&E activities for a high-quality results-oriented counter trafficking-in-persons (TIP) program in Nepal that covers the “four Ps”: prevention, protection, prosecution and partnerships. The MEL Manager will supervise and oversee the implementation of the program’s M&E activities and data reporting requirements and on M&E matters and any external evaluation contractors throughout the life of the project. The MEL Manager will have overall responsibility for assuring that all M&E requirements are fulfilled to achieve the best result.
The MEL Manager will provide strategic and technical direction and oversight to policy and action-oriented monitoring and learning by project staff, grantees, CSOs and international partners to strengthen local capacity to inform policy around counter trafficking in persons (CTIP) efforts in Nepal. The MEL Manager will lead the project learning agenda, design and implement evidence-based policy advocacy and global learning. The MEL Manager will provide oversight for the development of the MEL system to ensure data quality and collaborative learning and adaptation throughout implementation sharing learning and providing evidence to drive the project forward to achieve meaningful and sustainable impact that reduces human trafficking.
Monitoring and Evaluation
• Develop and steer implementation of the Hamro Samman monitoring and evaluation plan;
• Design monitoring and evaluation tools and processes
• Ensure timely collection, verification and analysis of data for all program indicators and their timely delivery for quarterly and other required reports to USAID and other agencies as appropriate
• Monitor project progress toward results
• Supervise timely and accurate reporting of quantitative and qualitative data by program implementing partners, in cooperation with program staff
• Validate data from program partners and staff, including through field monitoring visits
• Prepare interpretation tools (e.g. tables and charts) of data extracted from the Hamro Samman database and MIS platform as needed
• Design/update data collection instruments, schedules, analysis methods and applied technologies
• Develop capacity of implementing partners to institute appropriate M&E systems within their organizations
• Identify, document and share learnings acquired as a result of M&E to inform program planning
• Lead the collection and finalization of the Hamro Samman baseline survey
• Provide technical input into the finalization of district CTIP profiles
• Provide technical advice to program managers to identify learning gaps and learning needs and develop an associated learning plan
• Contribute to the development of a strategic action research plan
• Lead the development, implementation of the MIS platform ensuring maximum benefit for project learning
Learning and Data information:
• Ensure relevant data, best practices and lessons learned from other USAID regional CTIP projects and other country level initiatives to ensure that information and learning is informing Learning and programming
• Oversee on data integrated approach within the project liaising with government, CSOs and private sectors partners
• Ensure teams and stakeholders are trained on installation and operation of MIS system in given Model;
• Ensure monitoring, evaluation and follow up of the use and results of MIS system at all levels
• Ensure development of MIS Database User Manual and disseminate;
• Ensure to date on information related to human trafficking such as online data, publications, research, etc. and ensure the project team are informed
• Ensure technical support to data analysis by CSO and Government partners and in particular in relation to the electronic Victim Case Management System and the developed Integrated Data System for the government of Nepal
Budget and Financial Management:
• Work with management in preparation of project budget and schedule.
• Monitor and control expenses within allotted budget.
Team collaboration coordination:
• Build the capacity of staff and partners to assist in data collection and M&E reporting
• Supervise team members to complete projects within deadlines.
• Collaborate with other project staff, stakeholders to deliver far-reaching results and impact in line with program expectations
• Provide technical support on program activities to ensure the quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all activities.
• Ensure program staff, partners on activities related to monitoring and evaluation, assessments and evidence gathering.
• Capacity building to teams on effectively execute the desired outcome.
Internal coordination and collaboration:
• Coordinate and leverage Hamro Samman project results with other USAID CTIP initiatives in the Asia region, including the USAID Asia CTIP project
• Ensure quarterly and annual reports to USAID;
• Coordinate and collaborate closely with Program Team, home office and field office.
External Liaison and Networking:
• Develop and maintain association and liaison with relevant stakeholders
• Actively represent in relevant forums.
Other duties as assigned.
Educational: Master’s level degree in statistics, economics or a related field, specialized training/certification in monitoring & evaluation preferred. Alternatively, a Bachelor’s level degree with eight years of relevant work experience.
• At least five years of relevant M&E experience in international development, including experience and/or technical knowledge in the design and management of development projects.
• Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, preferred skills in SPSS, SAS, STATA
• Strong presentation and facilitation skills, with the ability to represent the project in public forums
• Strong management, communication, and negotiation skills and the ability to collect data among a number of partners
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Nepali
• Previous technical experience in counter trafficking in persons, labor rights, governance, and/or research
• Experience working to strengthen civil society and government systems is preferred
• Experience working with local staff and local organizations to transfer skills and knowledge
• Experience with gender equality and/or social inclusion in development programs preferred
• Knowledge of international donor reporting requirements, including experience designing and implementing Monitoring and Evaluation Plans, rigorous impact evaluation design, and working with external consultants for third party evaluations
• Understanding of national level MIS approaches and existing government databases/data collection preferred
• Readiness to travel.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time in an office environment.
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. Winrock recruits, employs, trains, promotes, and compensates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
At Winrock we have a clear mission: Empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources through unwavering dedication to accountability, equity, innovation, integrity, and transformation.
Winrock knows that its success comes from the hard work and steadfast dedication of its diverse workforce. Winrock remains committed to maintaining diversity, inclusion, and equity across the entire organization.
All employees should adhere to USAID, UK aid and Winrock International’s code of ethics, and specifically child safeguarding and trafficking in persons provisions covered in the project agreement.
The position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding and approval
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager Kathmandu jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.