Austal USA Theodore AL United States
3 months ago
Any qualified individual with a disability who is having difficulty in completing an application because of incompatible technology or other disability-related application issues may contact us at the following phone number for assistance: 251-#-#.
Austal shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified... individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. Austal's commitment to equal employment opportunity applies at all levels of employment, in all job titles, including the executive level, and to all employment actions, including but not limited to decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, training, and promotion.
REPORTS TO: Department Engineering Manager, Engineering Lead, or Design Lead, as designated by Chief Engineering Manager
SUPERVISES: N/RAUTHORITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES (Not limited to the following):
• Performs basic engineering calculations, as required;
• Creates, change, or maintain technical documentation in support of ship design products;
• Interface with suppliers on engineering specification/documentation inquiries;
• Evaluate and solve technical issues in product development;
• Updates and validates Purchase Specifications, per internal guidance;
• Updates Vendor-Furnished Information, per supervisor guidance;
• Performs 2D CAD red-line mark-ups from supervisory engineers;
• Support cost saving activities;
• Generate reports, as required;
• Interface and communicate with both internal and external customers on technical matters;
• Participate in supporting field surveys and other field-related tasks, as directed by immediate supervisor and in support of the Field Engineering group;
• Maintain appropriate engineering procedures throughout the product development process to achieve engineering deliverables which include cost, reliability and manufacturing objectives;
• Other responsibilities and duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:Eligibility:
• Currently pursuing bachelor degree in Engineering or Naval Architecture with an accredited university;
• Currently maintaining a minimum 2.0 overall grade point average (4.0 scale);
• Successful completion of Fourth Semester of discipline-specific Engineering or Naval Architecture Curriculum (latest release date).
• Demonstrated knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD design software desirable;
• Proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Must be self-motivated to learn and succeed;
• Must be able to verbalize innovative approaches and ideas to supervisor;
• Ability to work in a high paced team-oriented environment;
• Ability to work in Production environment;
• Demonstrated project and time management skills;
• Systematic troubleshooting abilities/root cause analysis;
• Strong sense of ownership;
• Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate technical and design issues to external and internal customers;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required;
• Computer - applicable software
• As required by immediate supervisory personnel
• Engineers, Production Personnel, other Austal departmental personnel (as directed), and Equipment Suppliers
• Candidates must be able to provide proof of US Person status.
• Candidates will be trained on current Computer-Aided Drafting (CAD) software and must demonstrate basic navigational expertise within first 30 days of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
Associated topics: .net, architect, architecture, backend, back end, c, c#, design pattern, programming, project architect
Theodore AL USA
Jobs in Theodore AL United States
Naval Architect Intern Theodore jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.