The Kenific Group, Inc
The Kenific Group, Inc Forest Heights MD United States
2 months ago
The Kenific Group, Inc. (KGI) is a private, small business based in the Washington, DC area. KGI was founded in 2011, initially providing acquisition and supply chain management services to the US Coast Guard. KGI has used this experience to expand our service offerings to other agencies within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the Department of Defense (DoD), and the... U.S. Postal Service (USPS). In the past 10 years we have grown our service offerings to include infrastructure resiliency, contact center operations, information technology, software engineering, program management, strategic communications, engineering, and cybersecurity. We have also grown our customer base to include commercial clients.
KGI is seeking a candidate with knowledge and experience in naval architecture/marine engineering. The candidate will work directly with the United States Coast Guard reviewing third party designs, modifications and improvements to marine systems and components. The candidate will perform design reviews, evaluate constructability, help resolve technical issues, and manage information generated through the design and construction phases of multiple and concurrent vessel acquisition projects. The candidate will also prepare engineering reports and related documentation, and create charts and graphs to record results.
The candidate's responsibilities may include:
• Conducting conceptual and preliminary design studies for proposed vessels based on operational requirements documents.
• Determining principal dimensions and hull type, powering requirements, general arrangement layout, preliminary structural arrangement and stability analysis.
• Recommending compromises or trade-offs to achieve optimum characteristics, and a valid set of requirements.
• Analyzing, evaluating and developing naval architecture and structural design plans, procurement specifications, hydrostatics, lines and offsets, calculations of hull strength, finite element analysis of structure (FEA), analyses of ship stability, resistance and propulsion, propeller selection, test and trial data, propulsion machinery selection and auxiliary machinery systems, functional arrangements plans, bills of material, specifications, reports and test data associated with naval architecture.
• Inspecting the preparations and conduct of stability, speed, power, maneuvering and seakeeping tests of U. S. Coast Guard vessels. Either checking the results of calculations prepared by others or performing the necessary calculations. Making appropriate recommendations in case stability criteria are not met.
• Developing hull, mechanical and electrical system specifications.
• Drafting technical papers, studies, and reports on design issues.
• Updating the System Specification, SOW, CDRLs, and Indicative Design to adjudicate technical issues.
• Excellent written/oral professional communication skills.
• Detail oriented.
• Working knowledge of computer-aided engineering (CAE) and design (CAD) software (such as AutoCAD, FEA, computational fluid dynamics (CFD), stability analysis, resistance and propulsion, ship motions, etc.) to develop new designs, create new drawings, or to modify existing drawings.
• Minimum of one year of experience with federal ship acquisition.
• Knowledge of United States Coast Guard.
• 15 years of experience in the following areas: Mechanical Engineering (Marine), Electrical Engineering (Marine), Structural Analysis (Marine), Naval Architecture, Ship Design and Integration, and Engineering Management).
• 10 years of experience in Acquisition or Engineering Management, which may be concurrent with the above experience requirements.
• Working knowledge of ABYC and ABS standards.
• A BS Degree plus 15 years of relevant experience or a MS, a PE License, or a PMP certificate plus 10 years of relevant experience.
• Minimum of one year supporting a major federal system shipbuilding acquisition program preferably Coast Guard and/or Navy
Forest Heights MD USA
Jobs in Forest Heights MD United States
Senior Naval Architect / Systems Engineer Forest Heights jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.