Sellers & Associates
Sellers & Associates Pasco WA United States
2 months ago
Job Title / Labor Category Title
Senior Naval Architect (Boats...
Washington, DC US (Primary)
Security Clearance Requirements
• Provide support to include but not limited to small boats, patrol boats, buoy and construction tenders, icebreakers, and flight-deck capable ships.
• Provide engineering and technical support for design review, and perform feasibility studies and designs of ships, boats, and shipboard systems in support of existing and potential future vessel acquisition programs.
• Assist in all areas of specification development and review, development and review of technical plans for ship-systems, and the development and or review of information required for vessel designs.
• Detail design support shall include the review of drawings, reports and studies relating to ship construction relative to the contract requirements and ship specifications.
• Provide technical support and documentation for ship feasibility, concept, preliminary and contract design, integration, stability analysis, hydrodynamic and seakeeping properties.
• Familiarity with naval architecture software to perform ship and design analyses.
• Evaluate systems and equipment, develop, and analyze requirements, perform studies and documentation relating to hull form, stability, weights, structures, and design.
• Develop system documentation and ship specifications for surface assets and boats, perform structural analysis and design using ISO and class society standards.
• Familiarity with aluminum and FRP structure and production processes including welding and lamination as it pertains to structures.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Provides oversight for junior staff, manages high visibility, mission critical programs
• Experience with naval architecture software solving complex problems regarding hull design.
• Lead engineers in development efforts and coordinate with other functional areas to complete ship design.
• Utilize knowledge of resistance and dynamics of planning craft, including dynamic instabilities, incorporate human factors for high- speed craft, including effects of boat motions and shock mitigation systems.
• Conduct, witness, and document tests and trials including conventional and specialized boat stability tests; speed, power, maneuvering, and seakeeping trials.
• Minimum of 5 years' progressive experience in Naval Architecture disciplines, experience supervising junior staff and managing large programs of increasing complexity.
• Minimum of 5 years' of documented and progressive experience with hull form development and definition, propulsion systems including conventional and specialized boat shafting systems, propellers, waterjets, and outboard motors, and use of CFD software to analyze hydrodynamic and planning properties.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
• 10+ years' experience.
• MS in applicable field, preferably engineering or marine related
• PM Level 1, PMP, PE License preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities (KSAs)
0 - 10%
Sellers and Associates, LLC is an E-Verify company and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
Pasco WA USA
Jobs in Pasco WA United States
Senior Naval Architect (Boats) Pasco jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.