Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd Miami FL United States
3 months ago
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The Naval Architect will provide technical support within the New Building organization for all RCCL building projects including the design and documentation of the architectural aspects of construction projects undertaken by the department in accordance with established systems and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Creates or reviews specifications, measurements, and calculations relevant to ship design. Verifies, checks, and comments as necessary.
• Generates and maintains documentation necessary to the design process.
• Prepares specifications with drawings and appendixes and facilitates drawings through the approval cycle.
• Makes changes, updates, and modifications as necessary to the design process.
• Performs design, documentation, analysis, and modeling tasks using appropriate software packages.
• Applies knowledge of relevant rules and regulations to the design process.
• Studies and recommends equipment and design solutions for various projects.
• Oversees various stages of the construction process, as assigned. Solves problems and makes recommendations as appropriate.
• Troubleshoots various issues and recommends solutions to problems.
• Must be able to apply knowledge of relevant International and Flag State Regulations regarding design of passenger ships.
• Performs operational support and/or analysis for an assigned area.
• Develops and prepares reports and records relating to particular assignments or projects.
• Confers with other staff members in order to coordinate departmental efforts.
• Supports department procedures to ensure effective coordination between departments and the ships.
• Participates in the development of specifications, policies, and procedures for the assigned area.
• Participates with the division management which may include the Vice President, Director, or Manager, in fulfilling initiatives, goals and objectives which support New Buildings through company policies and procedures.
• Requires travel. (See Travel Requirements)
• Utilizes computer resources to generate a variety of reports and communications.
• Attends industry specific trade shows and training as needed.
• Performs other duties as required.
This position requires travel to foreign countries in order to perform the duties of the job. Travel locations are global, with the majority located in Europe, Singapore, and west coast of USA / Canada. Other countries are visited while performing ship inspections. Travel periods range from 5 days to 6 weeks depending on the specific project and work location. Must have a valid passport and any Visas required to live and work in the USA. Total travel away from home will be an out 10-20% of the year depending on the projects worked on.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
• Degree in Naval Architecture or equivalent
• 1-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 1-3 years’ experience in shipping or passenger environment and knowledge of relevant International and Flag State Regulations regarding design of passenger ships.
• Must be familiar with modern commercial shipbuilding technology, new computer tools for simulations, analysis, and calculations, be updated on best practices within shipbuilding. Ability to understand and interpret all relevant rules and regulations applied to shipbuilding. Ability to understand and interpret various drawings including architectural plans, etc.
• Strong interpersonal skills required, ability to collaborate with others in the company, at our site offices or vendors globally.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows NT, Microsoft Word, and Excel. Internet and e-mail literate with ability to send, receive and attach files as required. Working knowledge of various computer aided design programs and analysis programs.
We know there's a lot to consider. As you go through the application process, our recruiters will be glad to provide guidance, and more relevant details to answer any additional questions. Thank you again for your interest in Royal Caribbean Group. We'll hope to see you onboard soon!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Royal Caribbean Group and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Miami FL USA
Jobs in Miami FL United States
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.