Wabash Valley Resources
Wabash Valley Resources West Terre Haute IN United States
2 months ago
Wabash Valley Resources will contribute to the national energy transition by deploying a large-scale hydrogen production and carbon capture sequestration project in West Terre Haute, Indiana. With existing assets, application of proven technologies, and partnerships with industry leaders, Wabash Valley Resources will be first-to-market with clean, dispatchable, and reliable hydrogen... production at prices competitive with traditional production methods.
The goals of the Wabash Valley Resources LLC (WVR) project are as follows:
1. WVR will redevelop the idle Wabash River Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle (IGCC) facility to produce low-cost hydrogen to be utilized in power generation, chemical synthesis, and mobility markets.
2. WVR will produce hydrogen with the lowest carbon intensity of any large-scale production facility in the United States, through the innovative deployment of carbon capture and sequestration (CCS).
3. Wabash Valley Resources will minimize the local community impact of operations and ensure the safe and reliable supply of hydrogen.
The Wabash Valley Resources project will redevelop the Wabash River IGCC plant, located in West Terre Haute, IN into a 14,000 kg/hr hydrogen production facility. The project will capture carbon dioxide that is normally emitted from the hydrogen purification process and permanently store it deep underground in formations of the Illinois Basin. The redeveloped site will utilize solid feedstock blended with biomass fuels to achieve a net-zero carbon intensity hydrogen product.
WVR is looking for an experienced Staff Accountant to assist the Controller with financial activities for the Wabash Project in West Terre Haute, IN. This role is responsible for daily accounting tasks and month-end close to include account reconciliations, preparing journal entries, and accounts payable. Also, assisting in preparation of year-end close process, annual audits, budgets, and tax returns. This position reports to the Controller.
· Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance (Bachelor Degree preferred)
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA) desirable
· Basic knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
· Experience of 3-5 years or more in a business or manufacturing accounting role.
· Additional financial certifications are a plus.
· Possess good general knowledge of PC software applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook and able to utilize electronic document management and maintenance management software.
· Experience with Oracle NetSuite ERP and payroll will be valued.
BASIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assist with all accounts, ledgers, inventory, and financial management systems and assist all financial audit activities.
· Assist in delivering budget reports including estimated revenue, expenses and other requested reports as needed.
· Assist in complete month-end and quarter-end close under US GAAP within the required deadlines
· Participates in meetings, prepares reports and presentations as needed to communicate financial status.
· Maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of Oracle NetSuite ERP systems.
· Other duties as assigned.
· This position requires unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
· WVR is a Drug Free Workplace. All prospective employees must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
· 401(k) and 401(k) matching
· Dental, vision, health, and life insurance options
· Paid time off
· Holiday Pay
The Staff Accountant will work onsite at the WVR plant office location in West Terre Haute, IN.
To all recruitment agencies: WVR is not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from third party staffing and recruiting agencies. No fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of WVR, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
About Wabash Valley Resources LLC:
All qualified applicants to Wabash Valley Resources are considered for employment without regard to race color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or any other protected characteristic
West Terre Haute IN USA
Jobs in West Terre Haute IN United States
Staff Accountant West Terre Haute jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.