Aspen Insurance Group
Aspen Insurance Group Rocky Hill CT United States
2 months ago
Since Aspen was founded in 2002, we have become a leading, diversified specialty insurance and reinsurance company. We respond thoughtfully and creatively to find the best outcomes for our clients and business partners through carefully-tailored solutions. We believe the way we work is just as important as the work we do, and we are guided by our core values of respect, honesty, trust... and professionalism. Aspen is a great place to develop your career offering an exciting and challenging environment where achievement is rewarded.
Provide accounting and regulatory support for accounting change and special matters; accounting processes and controls support; GAAP Conversion and implementation, and transaction accounting and financial reporting assistance.
“Our Aspen Values are expected to be reflected in the delivery and performance of every role.”
• Contributes to, monitors, and advises on the plan developments and changes in order to ensure relevancy, compliance, and optimal delivery
• Assists in the preparation and implementation of the operational team plans to ensure these are in line with wider business strategy and reflect key priorities.
• Determines own work priorities and activities in line with agreed plans to ensure the achievement of the function’s objectives.
• Manage a portfolio of products and be responsible for the timeliness and quality of the work of the team.
• Navigate changing and complex national and international tax environment related to stringent capital requirements, management of operational tax risks, and tax implications.
• Audit readiness and remediation.
• Manage quality of service delivery for financial accounting, reporting, accounting processes, regulation, governance, etc.
• Explains critical success factors and apply independent and objective professional judgment in applying accounting standards to meet engagement expectations, including regulatory requirements.
• Provide advice, guidance, and information on financial matters to support decision making and improve understanding on financial management
• Maintain strong relationships with stakeholders, including internal (e.g., Tax, Group Finance, Internal Audit, Actuarial, Operations, Group Investment/Treasury, Group Systems) and external auditors and bankers, to ensure service delivery meets customer expectations
• Develop relationships in line with the business plan for the division to support the achievement of its objectives
• Apply technical knowledge of US GAAP to execute financial accounting and advisory services.
• Prepare accurate and timely statutory and regulatory reporting outputs, ensuring the overall quality and completeness of formal returns and supporting audit trail (including preparation of annual financial statements, tax returns, tax packs, entity reporting packs, etc).
• Conducts reviews of results and prepares other ad-hoc reports/analyses to ensure stakeholder, legislative and regulatory requirements are best met.
• Participate in special projects when required to provide appropriate finance advice and guidance.
• Feedback managing work engagements including concise, accurate documents and balancing project economies management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues.
Skills & experience
• Certified Public Accountant a plus
• Knowledge in one or more of the following: Programs (MGA & TPA) & assumed/ceded accounting
• Good understanding of US GAAP auditing standards.
• Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and technical writing skills.
• Ability and comfort level in researching inquiries and emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices, and new technologies.
• Highly proficient in MS systems such as Excel
• Good analytical skills
• A high level of numeracy and literacy
• Attention to detail
• Effective time management skills with the ability to manage priorities to meet strict deadlines
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Teamwork – able to collaborate and work flexibly with others
• Ability to work independently and autonomously with minimal supervision
• Problem solving skills
• At least 5 years in accounting/auditing (preferably for a P&C insurance company)
• Working experience in relation to GAAP conversions and implementation of new accounting standards.
• Technical accounting research and advice.
• Consolidation and compilation support.
• Financial statement close process support.
• Transaction accounting and reporting
• Audit remediation and readiness
• Benchmarking services and market analysis
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Rocky Hill CT USA
Jobs in Rocky Hill CT United States
Senior Accountant Rocky Hill jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.