Astrix United States United States
3 months ago
Payroll and Benefits Accountant (Remote)
Reports To: Payroll Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Fast paced Staffing business with high weekly volume of new hires, employee terminations and employee payroll data changes with each payroll.
The Payroll and Benefits Accountant will be responsible for the following: Processing accurate and timely payroll each pay date which includes the reconciliation of all employee benefits deductions, and all hours and earnings; After each payroll is processed, reconciling payroll entries in the ERP system to ADP reports and recording general ledger journal entries for payroll and benefits transactions. This position will be the primary contact to respond to all payroll inquiries, which requires exceptional attention to detail and problem-solving skills, excellent communication with employees and colleagues, and the ability to navigate multiple systems to research and resolve issues. The position involves responding to frequent and urgent email requests to provide payroll information on employees’ ADP Earnings statements with details on reported hours and earnings, employee benefit deductions, payroll taxes, and benefit hours. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires accuracy and timeliness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Enter all employee data changes for pay rates for hourly employees, employee terminations, employee benefit enrollments, and terminations and benefit changes.
• Set up State and Local tax coding for new hire tax profiles and update State and Local tax coding for address changes. States with local tax coding are OH, PA, NY, KY, IN, and MD for county taxes.
• Payroll processing includes entering pay data batches for other earnings, employee reimbursements, benefit deduction adjustments, manual checks to record memo code amounts, and quick calcs of the net to gross pay.
• Set up and process payroll garnishments in ADP and respond to garnishment orders for pay and benefits.
• Maintaining and updating excel files to reflect all employee benefit(s) enrollments in Medical, Dental, Life, and FSA. HSA and reconciling the employee contributions on a per-pay period basis to the benefit deduction code amounts on the ADP payroll register.
• Upload pay data files to 3rd party vendors to report benefit deductions from pay.
• Monthly benefit vendor invoice reconciliation by an employee to each employee’s benefit enrollments in ADP for Medical, Dental, and Life; communicate with the vendor to process any adjustments.
• Assist with ADP Open Enrollment to reflect updates for each new benefit plan year for Medical, Dental, Life, Vision, FSA, and HSA.
• Reconciliation of payroll entries in the ERP system to ADP reports and recording general journal entries in the ERP system to reflect payroll and benefits transactions per pay date.
• Responding to inquiries and providing information to employees regarding paychecks, direct deposit, tax deductions, employee benefits deductions and benefits information, and PTO and sick benefit accruals.
• Prepare and run ADP payroll reports for new benefit enrollments.
• Respond to requests for employees’ ADP Earnings Statements and W2s.
• Maintain compliance with payroll laws, regulations, and other developments of Federal and State legislative and regulatory requirements.
• Assists in providing responses for various data requests for periodic audits of payroll, HR, Benefits, and 401K.
• Performs special projects as assigned, such as documenting workflows, and improving processes and procedures.
• Escalates potential payroll issues to the Payroll manager.
• Cross-training to learn other payroll functions to support other team members.
This position has no supervisory experience.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
• 3+ years of experience using ADP Workforce Now payroll and benefits module.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or other equivalent work experience in payroll processing and benefits accounting.
• Utilizing Net Suite ERP system, a plus
• Payroll Processing for a Staffing organization or experience with a high volume of weekly payroll processing is preferred.
• International Payroll processing in various international currencies a plus
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Proficiency and experience using ADP Workforce Now for processing payroll and benefits module and ADP open enrollment.
• Strong mathematical skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft excel and word.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook for email, calendar, and meetings
• Understanding of employment law, common Payroll/HR practices, and government/federal regulations for employment standards and benefits.
• Accountability for high-quality, timely, and accurate results with the ability to Quality Control work product.
• Commitment to meeting payroll deadlines and deliverables.
• Strong ability to cooperate and work collaboratively with team members toward solutions.
• Ability to engage and communicate in a direct manner; ability to present accurate information.
• Ability to work with confidential data and exercise excellent judgment.
• Ability to maintain a high-level and consistent work ethic in working relationships and all work-related duties.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong administrative skills, including strict attention to detail and accuracy.
• Exceptional organizational, prioritizing, and time management skills.
• Ability to provide excellent service to employees and staff and works well with team members to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to adapt to changing work environments.
• Proven ability to problem-solve using analytical and reasoning skills.
• Ability to learn processes quickly for more efficient and effective results.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit; use their hands to finger, handle or feel. The associate is occasionally required to stand; walk; talk or hear; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
This role is expected to work from home.
The salary will range and vary based on level of experience between $60,000-$80,000/year. Opportunity to receive Annual bonus
Employees (and their families) can elect medical coverage, dental coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts (medical—after qualification period—and dental), and Health Savings Accounts. Employees are covered for vision, short term disability, long-term disability, and basic life insurance. After six months, employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan. Employees will also receive 10 hours of Paid Time Off (PTO) every month. Employees will also enjoy eight paid holidays throughout the calendar year
Jobs in United States United States
Payroll and Benefits Accountant United States jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.