FirstLine Schools New Orleans LA United States
2 months ago
DescriptionFirstLine Schools:Network School Psychologist / Evaluation Assessment SpecialistCreating and inspiring great open admissions public schools in New OrleansAbout FirstLine Schools
In 1998, FirstLine Schools started the first charter school in New Orleans. FirstLine now operates four K-8th grade schools and a high school. Our mission is to create and inspire great open admissions public... schools in New Orleans. We do this by:
• Ensuring college and career readiness for all students, as demonstrated by achievement, aspiration, love of learning, and confidence
• Providing a rich variety of education experiences to nurture our students' character, health, and active citizenship
• Developing the skillfulness of our team members
• Building a sustainable organization that facilitates our long-term success
Our faculty is a diverse and talented group dedicated to our students' success and to their own growth as teachers. Our schools are led by leaders who hold themselves accountable for student achievement and teacher development.
The network School psychologist / Evaluation Assessment Specialist will work across all FirstLine Schools and will ; consult with teachers, families, and other school-employed mental health professionals (i.e., school counselors, school social workers) to improve support strategies; work with school administrators to improve school-wide practices and policies; and collaborate with community providers to coordinate needed services. This position will also have primary responsibility for conducting and coordinating comprehensive psycho-educational evaluations. Other responsibilities include serving as SBLC team member- advising program development for academic and behavioral interventions.
The responsibilities for this position will be, although not limited to, the following:
Evaluation and Re-evaluation
• Evaluate referred students in accordance with Bulletin 1508 - Pupil Appraisal Handbook and the National Association of School Psychologists' (NASP) ethical standards.
• Re-evaluate special education students to update information and to recommend adjustments in their educational programs.
• Communicate regularly with families and school-based stakeholders about the progress made by students.
• Participate in IEP meetings in order to explain and interpret findings and recommendations to parents, teachers, principals and other appropriate personnel
• Collaborate with RTI coordinators to ensure adequate, efficient and timely data collection on scholar learning and growth.
• Become fluent in the school-based interventions being used to inform scholars' strengths and deficits when moving from RTI to evaluation
• Assist in planning, development, and evaluation of intervention programs to meet identified learning and social-emotional needs.
• Make referrals to and help coordinate community intervention services provided in schools.
Consultation and Training
• Educate teachers and other staff members involved in the IEP process about the different types of assessment, what they mean, and why they are important.
• Educate teachers and other support staff members about the varying disabilities and diagnoses to assist all relevant team members in preparing for how disabilities present themselves in the classroom.
• Provide or assists in the provision of professional learning on topics such as pupil appraisal services, special education eligibility criteria, exceptional students, learning styles, intervention techniques, RTI and other areas of expertise.
• Consult with school based student support staff in developing behavior intervention plans for children with special needs.
• Assist with maintaining accurate assessment records on all students in accordance with the requirements of the local, state, and federal laws, regulations and policies; as well as, FirstLine network policies.
• Interpret out of state or non-1508 evaluations.
• Ensure all mandated timelines for evaluations and state counts are met 100% of the time.
RequirementsEducation & Experience:
• Ph.D. in school psychology, SSP, or -Ed. Di.degree
• Have completed APA accredited internship (preferred)
• Experience working in Response to Intervention (RtI) models (strongly preferred)
• Experience working with preschool-8th grade (preferred)
• Experience working with students with a range of disabilities (learning disabilities, emotional and behavioral disorders, autism, etc.)
Desired Qualities & Characteristics:
• Believe in every student's ability to achieve in a rigorous college or career prep curriculum
• Achieve results based on agreed-upon expectations
• Take personal responsibility
• Highly detail-oriented
• Collaborate effectively with a range of stakeholders
• Share a commitment to creating great schools in New Orleans
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Model the FirstLine values of Service, Learning, Collaboration, Results and Fun
• Strong communication, relationship building and interpersonal skills
• Up to date knowledge of current Special Education laws, literature, and relevant research.
• Desire for constant feedback and growth
• Ability to build systems used by multiple collaborators
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
• Light lifting of equipment may be required (up to 20 lbs.)
Position reports to: Lead Network School Psychologist
Employment is at-will and full time.How to Apply: Please apply online via:
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. FirstLine Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package with a generous 403b plan.
FirstLine Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Associated topics: abuse, addiction, behavioral, casework, clinician, hcpc, lcsw, mental health, msw, rww
New Orleans LA USA
Jobs in New Orleans LA United States
Network School Psychologist / Evaluation Assessment Specialist New Orleans jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.