College of North Atlantic – Qatar
College of North Atlantic – Qatar Doha Qatar
2 months ago
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the national institution of higher education in Qatar. It provides high quality undergraduate and graduate programs that prepare competent graduates, destined to shape the future of Qatar. The university community has diverse and committed faculty that teaches and conduct research, which addresses relevant local and regional challenges, advances knowledge, and contributes actively to the needs and aspirations of society.
Qatar University is an intellectual and scholarly community characterized by open discussion, the free exchange of ideas, respectful debate, and a commitment to rigorous inquiry. All members of the University - faculty, staff, and students - are expected to advance the scholarly and social values embodied by the university.
The College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) houses nine departments covering a wide range of undergraduate specializations in the Arts and Sciences including English Literature ... Linguistics and Arabic Languages, Humanities, Sociology, Social Work, International Affairs, Mass Communication, Psychology, Policy, Planning & Development, Mathematics, Statistics, Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Environmental Science, and Material Science. The College also houses Master Programs, which are in Environmental Science, Gulf Studies, Material Science, Applied Statistics and Arabic Language. In Fall 2013, CAS launched a Ph.D. in Biological and Environmental Sciences. Additionally, the College offers a Program of Arabic for Non- Native Speakers. In addition to the established research centers, namely the Center for Sustainable Development and Gulf Studies Center.
It is worth mentioning that as members of QU, CAS faculty members have excellent opportunities to secure intramural and extramural funding for their research ideas. Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF) is a major source of research funding, with an individual project funding limit exceeding 600,000 $/project and student research funding programs. As the national and largest University in the country, Qatar University is the recipient of most of the QNRF awards, with many research-active faculty members able to win multiple grants
Duties & Responsibilities
• Teaching service courses offered by Mathematics Program.
• Engage in teaching activities such as tutorial.
• Teaching students how to use mathematical packages including MATLAB
• Contribute to various committees and activities at the Department, College, and University levels.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Department.
• A minimum master’s degree in Mathematics. Preference will be given to candidates with credentials related to Actuarial Science or Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence.
• Have at least three years of teaching experience at university level.
• Familiar with MATLAB, online homework systems and educational technologies used in higher education sector.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Cover letter.
• Current Curriculum Vitae reflecting the following information:
• Years of experience after MSc
• Major, Specialization/Concentration
• H index, Citations, Google scholar link, and ORCID NUMBER
• Number of articles published
• Grants; the role in the grants and the amount of the grants.
• Teaching, research and service philosophy.
• Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
• Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, a copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
• Any additional documentation deemed relevant to the application.
In case of any query, please contact the Head of Department [email protected]
• Three-year renewable contract.
• Tax-free salary.
• Salary is commensurate with experience.
• Furnished accommodation in accordance with Qatar University HR policies.
• Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with Qatar University HR policies.
• Private health care and health insurance in accordance with Qatar University HR policies.
• Annual leave in accordance with Qatar University HR policies.
• End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.