Financial Times Sofia Bulgaria
3 months ago
Docker is a remote first company with employees across Europe and the Americas that simplifies the lives of developers who are making world-changing apps. We raised our Series C funding in March 2022 for $105M at a $2.1B valuation. We continued to see exponential revenue growth last year. Join us for a whale of a ride!
At Docker, we simplify the lives of millions of developers who are making world-changing apps. Docker the #1 in “Most Loved ” and #2 “Most Wanted” platform” in 2021 and 2022 StackOverflow Survey. Docker helps developers bring their ideas to reality by conquering the complexity of app development. We simplify and accelerate workflows with an integrated development pipeline and application components. A fast-growing startup, Docker offers a dynamic work environment.
The Products Team at Docker is looking for a sr. Product Designer to help excite our create developer-focused and scalable user experiences for our expanding developer community. As a sr. Product Designer... you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, creative, international environment where your design ideas matter.
• Collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, product management, and company leaders to take products from concept to launch.
• Work closely with engineers to create strategic visions for developer tools and then deliver on those visions.
• Explore divergent concepts to solve developer pain points while understanding how to scope the solution to build iteratively towards your vision.
• Perform competitive and comparative analysis to understand existing patterns.
• Understand our customers by leveraging qualitative and quantitative data and serve as their advocate when making design decisions.
• Deliver detailed wireframes, user flows, information architecture docs, functional specification documentation and other artifacts to agile development teams and refine as needed during project sprints.
• Prototyping designs for user research using low-fidelity and high-fidelity prototypes.
• Plan and conduct user tests and other design research activities.
• 6+ years experience as a key member of a Product/UX design team through the product-development cycle ( Bonus: Experience working in developer tooling space and/or Saas enterprise software products or DevOps ).
• Knowledge of the Design Thinking methodology and process.
• Proficient with Figma, Sketch, or the Adobe Creative Suite, as well as other UX design programs.
• Solid understanding of current web technologies and native desktop interaction patterns.
• You’ve shipped many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to build user-centric product experiences.
• Can demonstrate a strong, clean, elegant, and innovative design sense.
• Ability to work in Agile methodology
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in HCI, Human Factors, Interaction Design, Graphic Design Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
What To Expect In The First 30 Days
• Getting to know the product and connect via 1:1 sessions with your team and others with whom you will interact frequently
• Getting familiar with Docker’s products, tech, and history.
• Understand Docker product vision and how it relates to your team's goals and objectives
• Write a heuristic review of opportunities for improvement in the product
What To Expect In The First 90 Days
• Participate and lead user research sessions. Communicate findings with Product, Design team, and developers in your team.
• Present your work and solicit feedback from Design team, cross-functional team, and colleagues across the Docker org
• Get involved in product roadmap development for your team.
What To Expect In The First Year
• Plan and facilitate collaborative activities and workshops for their team.
• Shape your team roadmap and vision in close collaboration with Product and engineering peers.
• Deliver finalized design artifacts to users going through all aspects of the Docker Design process from conception to completion. Iterating rapidly, presenting their prototypes for feedback, and improving on the next iterations.
• Freedom & flexibility; fit your work around your life
• Variety of virtual and in-person social events to build connections and have fun
• Home office setup; we want you comfortable while you work
• Generous maternity and parental leave
• Technology stipend equivalent to $100 net/month
• PTO plan that encourages you to take time to do the things you enjoy
• Whaleness Days: companywide day off each month
• Quarterly, company-wide hackathons
• Training stipend for conferences, courses and classes
• Stock Options; we are a growing start-up and want all employees to have a share in the success of the company
• Docker Swag
• Medical benefits, retirement and holidays vary by country
Docker embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
EU Salary Range
59,000 EUR - 114,000 EUR (salary range can change if hired at a different level
Product Designer - FT Specialist Sofia jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.