Affiliation General Corperate
Affiliation General Corperate South Africa South Africa
2 months ago
The incumbent will provide process engineering support to the refinery process units. Ensure plant health monitoring is done with excellence and that threats are reported timeously. The incumbent will also support troubleshooting efforts and pull in appropriate resources to ensure timeous resolution of the problem.
• Responsible for one or more process units, preferably Refining
• Do routine monitoring of the overall plant health and performance.
• Do detailed monitoring and rating of equipment.
• Issue weekly and monthly reports.
• Support and lead troubleshooting efforts.
• Identify plant constraints and perform an evaluation / study to remove constraints.
• Provide technical responses to Safe Operating Limit, Integrity Operating Window and Critical Process Variable deviations.
• Provide guidance to Operations on optimisation of the plant; leverage simulation tools and Adcon functionality.
• Participate in or lead Management of Change activities.
• Give input to Turnaround / Regen... work scope and compile work instructions.
• Participate in the Unit Reliability Brief meetings and elevate threats timeously.
• Lead and support Profit Improvement projects.
• Provide design input to field projects.
• Give input to the short and medium term operating plan.
• Provide general technical support to Operations, Reliability & Maintenance, Planning and Environmental Health and Safety.
• Organise test runs and workup the information, for simulation tool calibration and routine monitoring.
• Ensure the integrity of monitoring tools are maintained by following a rigorous governance process when making changes.
• Diligently follow applicable job standards
•BSc / B Eng in Chemical Engineering.
•Minimum 5 yrs' working experience.
•Sound communication and good stakeholder engagement.
•Effective leadership skills: Align and Inspire, Build Relationships, Grow Capabilities and Deliver Results.
•Able to drive for results and multi-task
19 March 2023
Astron Energy is a leading supplier of petroleum products in South Africa, with a vast network of Caltex-branded service stations that make us one of the country’s top two petroleum brands. We are strongly committed to being a responsible corporate citizen, promoting education, health and economic development in an effort to build stronger communities and drive sustainable economic growth.
We own and operate the country’s third-largest crude oil refinery in Cape Town, which has a capacity of 100,000 barrels a day, and a lubricants manufacturing plant in Durban
Jobs in South Africa South Africa
Petroleum Engineer South Africa jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.