Jupiter Asset Management Ltd
Jupiter Asset Management Ltd Frankfurt Germany
2 months ago
The Value of Active Minds
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £48.8 billion worth of assets under management (as at 30th June 2022).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs and Dublin OEICs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in EMEA, APAC and the US.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground’s Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle... storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.
We offer our UK employees a 2-1-2 hybrid working arrangement where Tuesdays, Thursdays and a third day of your choice are worked from the office. The other two days may be worked from home. This facilitates collaboration and allows employees to maximise productivity whilst maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
This is an exciting opportunity to work as an Investment Director for Jupiter’s Fixed Income team, within our Fund Management department. This role will provide representation of Jupiter’s range of Fixed Income products, supporting the team’s existing Investment Director.
This is an era of ever-increasing competition and complexity in asset management. Investment Directors play a crucial role in executing Jupiter’s business strategy and driving growth. They are fully embedded within their respective fund management teams, reporting ultimately to Jupiter’s Head of Fixed Income, and are part of the investment debate across fund management. They own the commercial strategy for fund management, articulating and driving strategy and execution, working very closely with lead fund managers and the head of fixed income. They build deep relationships with global sales teams to help articulate products and build knowledge in sales teams via training. They represent strategies in client meetings, conferences, and across business development. They are the link between two core areas of an asset manager: investment and distribution. They understand trends and developments across the investment landscape and use that understanding to articulate client needs to fund management, helping drive product development and commercial direction. They are also able to work with other investment directors to share information and increase collaboration across the investment floor.
• Work closely with Fixed Income and Distribution to deliver Jupiter’s commercial goals, helping drive scalable AUM and revenue growth, supporting the current Investment Director
• Work closely with Fund Managers to understand the full range of strategies and ensure they are represented commercially and accurately in all client communications.
• Represent the full range of Fixed Income strategies in client interactions including meetings, conferences, conference calls, etc.
• Build strong relationships with the Distribution teams and act as a primary point of contact for Distribution and training.
• Build a deep understanding of key trends across investing and distribution and be able to help drive the long-term commercial strategy of Fixed Income in light of those trends, working closely with the lead investment director, heads of strategy and CIO function.
• Maintain a high level of technical fluency across all relevant products. Articulate and position the concept of a range of products across fixed income.
• Collaborate extensively with other investment directors and members of the fund management teams to share information and best practices across the investment floor.
• Own the full range of marketing collateral to ensure client messages are impactful and relevant across different segments of our client base.
• Produce topical thought pieces on specific market and product trends.
• Interact with Risk, Compliance, Operations and IT to facilitate smooth infrastructure around the product where this has a bearing on product definition and client communications
Desired Skills / Experience
• Strong communication skills and hunger to learn are the key requirement.
• Relevant experience in investment or distribution beneficial, resulting in some understanding of Investment related roles and the investment landscape
• Basic familiarity with the Asset Management industry (in particular Fixed Income) desirable, client trends, competitor landscape, regulatory and operational frameworks.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a flair for presenting – tailoring the message based on nature of client and size of audience.
• Resilient – able to cope in a fast moving and challenging environment.
• Organised – capable of working to deadlines and multi-tasking.
• Persuasive – demonstrating credibility through knowledge.
• Perceptive - able to understand perspectives/requirements of investors, sales and clients.
• Business builder - understanding of the sales process and ability to engage proactively.
• Team player – working collaboratively across the business.
• Technology proficient – experienced in using various systems, applications, software.
• Language ability beneficial (particularly German/ Spanish).
Additional Role Details
• This role is subject to the Conduct Rules set by the FCA.
• This role is a certified position under the SMCR.
Don’t meet every requirement? At Jupiter we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you are interested in this role, but don’t think your experience aligns perfectly with every listed requirement in the job description, we would encourage you to apply. You may be the right person for this role
Fixed Income Product Specialist (German Speaking) Frankfurt jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.