Sportserve Sliema Malta
3 months ago
Sportserve forms part of a remarkable group of GameTech companies, focused on delivering first class gaming experiences, sports-betting and casino products for our users worldwide. Along with Sportion, TechSpirit, Standard Focus and Sportelligent, we are the driving force behind the world renowned sports betting brand, Dafabet.
Since launching our global hiring initiative, we now employ over 2,000 people worldwide. Offering office based, hybrid and remote work on permanent and consultancy contracts all over the world, making us the true global employer of choice.
Who we are looking for:
As our Software Development Team Lead, you will help coordinate and drive the team's effort to deliver software solutions. The Sports Back Office team are responsible for creating, improving and supporting our new Java based trader tools which are used to drive our online offering. We are recently in the phase of revamping our sports bet attender back office to a web application and introduce... automation and machine learning into it.
We are looking for someone who will have made the transition from coding as a full time role and is looking to build a career within technical management. You will be required to retain a solid technical understanding of systems and remain close to the solutions being developed. Your main focus will be development, people, processes, delivery and the governance around these.
The day to day work is interesting, challenging and fast paced amidst a hardworking and delivery focused Company ethos. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology’s greatest challenges.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
• Working across a number of business areas providing development, maintenance and support.
• Working as part of a team and occasionally working solo on development pieces of work as the business needs arise.
• Take ownership for the overall planning, execution and success of complex technical projects.
• Collaborate with other engineers and leaders across the company and ensure all our tools have the expected impact.
• Design and implement tools that help engineering teams focus on shipping features, while making sure we're building infrastructure that is cost efficient, secure and reliable.
• Keep abreast of developments in the field.
• Help identify probable causes and provide immediate solution during an incident.
• Drive forward the Agile mindset what of delivering - with the focus on speed to market.
• Contribute significant ideas for making the applications user friendly.
• Participate in cutting edge research in artificial intelligence and machine learning
• Contribute to engineering efforts from planning and organization to execution and delivery to solve complex, real-world engineering problems.
• Develop and organize cloud systems.
• Work closely with IT security to monitor the company's cloud privacy.
• Respond to technical issues in a professional and timely manner.
• Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of complex projects.
• Proactively communicate with leadership: provide context around risks/blockers/timeline, seek guidance, and recommend a direction.
• At least 5+ years of working experience in serving as a Java Developer working on varied types of software development projects.
• Advanced knowledge of SQL, preferably with Oracle databases, PostgreSQL
• Experience working with API’s microservices and data manipulation.
• Distributed caching (Hazelcast or Redis).
• Knowledge of Asynchronous Messaging (Pubsub, Kafka, RabbitMQ or JMS).
• Experience developing back office trading tools using GWT/Vaadin, SWT, Swing or JavaFX.
• Background in Agile Software Development using Scrum Methodology is preferred.
• Experience building highly transactional, high volume distributed applications.
• Experience in cloud computing (e.g., applications, infrastructure, storage, platforms, data) as well as cloud market and competitive dynamics.
• Knowledge of technology solutions and an understanding of large-scale computing solutions and the enterprise technology buying and evaluation process.
• Ability to collaborate across organisational boundaries, build relationships, and achieve broader organisational goals.
• Solid understanding of Windows applications.
• Experience with Jira issue management and Git version control.
• Self-motivation with excellent communication skills; both verbal and written.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a high pressure and delivery focused environment.
• Fluent in the English language.
Nice to have...
• Certifications in any of the following: GCP Certified Associate Engineer,
• GCP Certified Solutions Architect.
• Hands-on Experience and understanding of Google Cloud Platform
• Experience with any of the Configuration Management (Cloud shell, Jenkins, Ansible).
• Hands-on Experience with GCP Foundation, Storage bucket, Backup, Disaster Recovery, VPC networks, IAM, Stack driver, Troubleshooting, and Cloud Security.
• Experience with managed code or scripting competency (PowerShell, Python, JSON, and YML).
• Understand the requirement & Plan/Design/Execute new strategy/projects in GCP.
• Hands-on Experience in managing on-premise and public cloud infrastructure in a hybrid environment.
• Participated in Sev1, Sev2 incident calls, work with Team towards resolving the issues on-premise (DC) and in Google Cloud.
• Must have passion and understand for Sports such cricket, football, NBA etc
• Background in Online Gaming is preferred but not required.
• Basic understanding of Machine learning and Artificial intelligence is preferred.
• *Applications in English please
Software Development Team Lead - Sports Sliema jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.