Kinross Tasiast Nouakchott Mauritania
2 weeks ago
Terminal à Conteneurs de Nouakchott (TCN) is a company created in 2018 to develop and operate a new container and oil terminal in the port of Nouakchott, Mauritania, under a 30-year design-build-operate-transfer (DBOT) contract.
The contract was signed in 2018 and the construction of the new terminal was completed at the end of 2021. TCN is a owned by Meridiam, Olam International and African Finance Corporation.
For the needs of its commercial operations, the company wishes to reinforce its financial team by recruiting a financial analyst in charge of supporting the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of the company.
Job Description / Main Responsabilities
The role involves the following main responsibilities: financial modelling, cost control, business and documentation analysis, and reporting. Under the direct supervision of the CFO, the Financial Analyst will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Regular update of the operating financial model for reporting... purposes;
• Submit proposals to improve the operational financial model and deal with financial advisors to implement the changes;
• Build and manage standalone financial models in order to evaluate new business opportunities;
• Support the CFO in monitoring the compliance of the company with all its contractual obligations, including under the concession agreement and the financing documentation;
• Submit proposals for new internal processes to ensure the company is meeting its contractual obligations;
• Opportunity to be involved in ESG impact activities with the E&S team of the company;
Cost and Management Control:
• Support the CFO in tracking, analyzing and controlling income and expenses;
• Support the management of the Company in setting up an efficient procurement process for selecting subcontractors and suppliers;
• Monitoring compliance with all internal policies, including procurement, anti-bribery, anti-money laundering, and KYC policies;
• Help implementation new tools aiming at bringing efficiency to the various processes (procurement, finance, KYC, communication with stakeholders, etc.);
• Support the financial team in performing quarter valuation in partnership with the shareholders and explain possible deviations from the base case/budget;
• Help the management preparing reporting materials and presentations to the Board of Directors and/or other stakeholders (including shareholders and lenders);
• Detail review of month-end accounting/reporting binder;
Answer queries from the Meridiam team re. traffic update, asset management presentations, ESG report, etc.
Candidates to this position should have the following profile:
• Master of Commerce & Finance degree or Engineering degree from a leading university/school;
• A first relevant experience in project finance and financial modelling;
• Good knowledge of corporate financial accounting;
• Good knowledge of Excel and first experience of working on SAP;
• Ability to work autonomously, strong project management skills;
• Well-organized person who enjoys taking initiatives and implementing new processes in a dynamic environment;
• A first experience in the port sector or in PPP/Infrastructure project is a plus.
• Excellent French and English skills, knowledge of Arabic would be a plus.
• EU nationals in accordance with BusinessFrance requirements.
The contract offered is a “Volontaire International en Entreprise” (VIE). The package will be typical of the BusinessFrance package. The monthly indemnity paid to the candidate will amount to approx. 2300 Euros, net of any income tax and social contribution.
In addition, the Company will pay for cost of transport from France to Mauritania (in accordance with BusinessFrance standards), accommodation in Nouakchott (studio/apartment) and a comprehensive health package as provided by BusinessFrance.
Before applying, please make sure you are eligible : https://mon-vie-via.businessfrance.fr/qu-est-ce-que-le-volontariat-international:
- Be at least 18 years old and not yet 29 years old: you must be 28 years old at the time of your departure on assignment, knowing that a V.I.E contract always starts on the 1st of each month.
- You must be a French citizen or a national of a country in the European Economic Area. If you are a French national or a dual national, you must be in compliance with France's national service obligations (Defence Identification Number).
- Empty/no criminal record
Contract Officer Nouakchott jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.