WESTMINSTER SCHOOL Ascot Park SA Australia
2 weeks ago
Senior School Teacher – Outdoor Education
Fixed term, part time 0.6 FTE contract position for Term 2 & 3 (potential for an increase FTE in Term 3.)
Westminster is a leading coeducational, Early Learning to Year 12, day and boarding Uniting Church school. We aspire to be the best school for an exceptional education, developing individuals of great character to achieve more than they thought possible. We want Westminster to have a world class reputation, renowned for a genuine focus on wellbeing, inspired by our values of kindness, resilience, mindfulness, curiosity, courageousness and inclusivity.
About the Senior School Teacher – Outdoor Education
We are seeking a suitably qualified and passionate teacher to join our Outdoor Education faculty in our Senior School on a 0.6 FTE fixed term basis for Terms 2 and 3 in 2023.
In the role of Senior School Teacher, you will be expected to build positive relationship with students, parents and colleagues and collaborate... with colleagues to ensure the best possible outcomes for students.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
• Plan and organise content into coherent, well-sequenced learning and teaching programs in line with the Australian Curriculum and Faculty curriculum documentation
• Provide feedback and professional support to improve individual student learning outcomes
• Develop, apply and record a range of assessment strategies that provide informed and timely feedback to students
• Utilise the School’s Learning Management System to enhance individual learning and provide timely feedback to students and parents regarding academic progress.
• Contribute to the development of a strong learning community and culture
• Develop positive and professional relationships with students, parents and colleagues
• Contribute to collegial discussions and planning to improve the learning outcomes for students
• Contribute to Pastoral Care and Co-curricular programs of the School
• Manage the operational requirements and attend in a hands-on capacity, Outdoor Education camps.
Key Selection Criteria: Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Relevant tertiary qualifications, ideally specialising in Outdoor Education.
• Demonstrated passion for teaching, particularly outdoor education.
• Innovative and exemplary classroom practitioner with a proven record of student outcomes
• High level of ICT skills, knowledge and effective incorporation into classroom practice, including 1:1 laptop program
• The capacity to cater for students with a range of abilities and learning styles within the classroom and to monitor, and respond to, student progress
• The capability to work cooperatively with students, staff and parents to produce the best learning outcomes for students
• Regular and up to date professional knowledge and learning
• Support for the ethos of an independent, coeducational, Uniting Church school
• Involvement at SACE level (moderation, marking) and relevant professional organisations is desirable
• Demonstrated experience in managing and delivering Outdoor Education programs and/or expeditions.
Key Selection Criteria: Personal Qualities:
• Enthusiastic, resilient and optimistic educator
• A high level of organisational ability; is flexible and can prioritise and manage multiple demands in a fast paced environment
• High level of communication skills
• Highly developed interpersonal skills which enable positive relationships to be built with managers, peers, staff, parents and students
• Able to successfully work independently, and collaboratively, as part of a team
• A commitment to lifelong learning and continuous improvement
• Highly effective risk management and planning skills, relevant to outdoor education
• Willingness to work flexible hours and be available to attend camps.
A position description is available on our website under Careers - Westminster School • Careers
For further information about this role please contact [email protected]
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter addressed to Mr Andrew Whiteman, Deputy Principal-Head of Senior School.
Applications close Friday 17 March 2023. Applications will only be accepted when submitted through Seek.
Westminster, where you can achieve more than you thought possible
Ascot Park SA Australia
Jobs in Ascot Park SA Australia
Senior School Teacher - Outdoor Education Ascot Park SA jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.