Cambridge University Press & Assessment | Manila
Cambridge University Press & Assessment | Manila Philippines Philippines
2 weeks ago
NOTE: When you click the apply button, you will be re-directed to Cambridge University Press & Assessments website where you will be required to create a profile and upload a copy of your CV to complete your application.
We are Cambridge University Press & Assessment, a world-leading academic publisher and assessment organisation, and a proud part of the University of Cambridge.
We are recruiting a Software Quality Analyst- Hybrid who will be part of our Web Solutions Team. The Software Quality Analyst- Hybrid's main role is to plan, develop and execute quality tests across their respective technology platform(s) to ensure that delivered software meets business defined quality/acceptance criteria and is fit for purpose.
Software Quality Analyst- Hybrid will work closely with QA Team Lead and Senior Quality Analysts, as well as with business Product Owners and Project Managers / Scrum Masters, to understand requirements and to help develop the overall test plan of a given project... Will then develop and execute to this test plan. The role is a hands-on quality testing role and post holders will be developing their proficiency as testers in at least one area of quality specialism, i.e. automated, manual, performance etc.
Why should you join Cambridge?
Our mission is to contribute to society through the pursuit of education, learning, and research at the highest international levels of excellence. Which is why every year, we give vital support to millions of people in more than 170 countries around the world. From teachers and learners to researchers and academics, we help to build confidence, unlock potential, and enable success. We give people the opportunity to show what they've learnt, we spread knowledge, spark enquiry, and aid understanding.
We achieve this by embracing change, and continuously focusing on our customers' needs. And by collaborating, and carefully listening to our customers and to each other, we keep moving forward, keep innovating, and keep finding newer and better ways of doing things.
When you join Cambridge, you get the best possible combination of a supportive, caring environment, balanced with work that brings out the best in you. You will have access to learning and development opportunities, and business tools essential for your role so that you can perform at your peak.
What can we offer you?
In this role, you will collaborate with colleagues across different areas of the business and branches. It is an opportunity that will enable you to widen your horizon by learning from other cultures.
The role is pivotal to the success of our team in helping the organization implement appropriate tools and techniques to transform operational data into user reports, which can be analyzed by the business to assist in decision-making. There are no limits to the opportunities afforded to learn best practices in this field, work with new and exciting technologies, and collaborate with highly talented people
On top of these, working with Cambridge will also give you stability. We show our care for our people by allowing them to grow not just professionally but also personally. We promote work-life balance through flexible work schedules, hybrid work arrangements, and generous paid leaves. In addition, you will be entitled to our health care benefits with coverage for dependents, group life insurance, and robust wellbeing programs right on the first day of joining us.
What will you do in this role?
Working under the supervision of the Software QA Team Lead in the PH, you will:
• Creates systems & business relevant manual and/or automated test scripts, test plans, data and procedures and test executes for most complex projects.
• Shapes technical test strategy by proposing solutions & tools.
• Participates in reviews of business requirements and application designs.
• Ensures proper test coverage exists based on requirements and design specifications.
• Writes & reproduces accurate software problem reports.
• Defines & implements quality process improvements focused on defect prevention.
• Ensures test environment reflects business requirements for test execution.
• Coordinates test schedules, work, and resource plans; manages progress of all test activities against plan.
• Identifies and manages critical path of testing
• Ensures execution of project regression testing tasks.
• Analyses and reports overall test status and results.
• Identifies test issues and reports to stakeholders
• Perform risk analysis at project management level.
• Assists in developing departmental technical policies and procedures.
• Provides technical testing evaluation estimates on various projects.
What makes you the ideal candidate for this position?
• Educated to degree level in a relevant IT, Software or QA related degree.
• 2-5 years of software testing experience gained across one of the principle testing specialisms, i.e. manual, automated, performance etc. Ideally to have gained an industry certification on one of these areas.
• Experience in using test automation tools/applications frameworks.
• Jenkins, Git
• Performance Testing: JMeter/Blazemeter
• Excellent understanding of Quality Assurance principles and processes.
• Good understanding of Software Development process including analysis and design, coding, system and user testing, problem resolution.
• Excellent troubleshooting, debugging, communication and documentation skills.
• Experience of working within an Agile development process (Scrum or similar).
• Basic understanding of SQL and Postman
• Good written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues in the Technology group as well as non-technical users. Interest in keeping up to date with the fast-moving world of software quality testing as technologies and processes continue to evolve.
• Knowledge in AWS/Cloud platforms is a plus
Jobs in Philippines Philippines
Software Quality Analyst - Hybrid Philippines jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.