Saudi German Hospital
Saudi German Hospital Dubai - United Arab Emirates United Arab Emirates
2 weeks ago
• Develops centralized safety, security, and risk management goals, objectives, and programs consistent to SG hospital’s mission, vision, philosophy, and strategic plan to prevent adverse events that could result in claims, liability, and/or financial and credibility loss against SGH.
• Recognizes and responds to accidents, incidents, and sentinel events at all times.
• Logs, tracks, and trend an occurrence/variance report (OVR) in collaboration with QPS Manager for the purpose of conducting cost-effective root-cause analysis; and month and year-to-date experience comparison with similar periods in the past.
• Routine periodic distribution of pertinent risk-related data including hospital-wide monitoring and reporting systems to departments, committees, administration, credentialing bodies, and SGH Group governing body.
• Establishes various trending reports such as an open claims list, safety and risk management problem log, and related... communication file under maintenance.
• Analyzes survey reports and audits such as those conducted by SGH Group Team Survey, Ministry of Health (MOH), hospital affiliated such as Saudi Aramco and MRQP and other contracting agencies and businesses, and peer review organizations (PROs).
• Manages and directs all liability claims and legal defense activities in conjunction with SGH insurance carriers and SGH Legal Department.
• Monitors lawyer’s requests for records; patient complaints and correspondence; monetary reimbursement or settlement of complaints; requests by legal or insurance agency; insurance contract negotiations to assure the existence of adequate insurance protecting SGH practices against any risk.
• Claims management (oversight of medical malpractices resulting to injury or loss) that is by conducting ongoing periodic assessment of the performance of all persons providing care to patients within the hospital to limit, reduce, and correct potentially compensable events.
• Conducts periodic inspection of the hospital premises to instill awareness, limit and correct deficiencies, and identify potential liability within SGH building and outside parameters.
• Develops and maintains a claims management process and insurance program that:
• Identifies and investigates all potential and real claims
• Coordinates activities of an occurrence variance report (OVR) system by:
• Reviewing and evaluating all variance reports to determine severity and appropriate follow-up.
• Analyzing data for patterns or trends.
• Reporting data, at least monthly, to departments and appropriate committees.
• Recommending action such as change in practice, policy, procedure, staffing to correct identified problems.
• Notifying or requesting legal advices from Legal Department as necessary.
• Knowledge/Skills: Demonstrates good working knowledge of general office equipment With broad knowledge of safety, security, and risk management in hospital or healthcare facility. Knowledge of policies, procedures, and standard medical practices applicable to area of specialization; medical and professional ethics; theoretical, clinical and technical aspects in both ambulatory and hospital setting are added advantages. Ability to solve risk-related problems of patients and SGH employees.
• Equipment Operated: calculator, copy machine, FAX machine, personal computer.
• Job Requirement: Participates actively in organization-wide activities without hesitance or personal reservation. Can adapt to unusual job-related circumstances. Works effectively under stressful condition. Willing to work extended hours to attend to emergency cases. Willing to relocate in other SG Hospitals in order to fill in gap, if needed.
• Languages: Proficiency both in English and Arabic is preferred.
• Licensure: Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management
• Personal Requirement: Possess integrity, initiative, and evidence of good health and grooming, good moral character and right conduct, strong and pleasing personality.
• Travel: Willing and fit to travel to conduct survey in all SG Hospitals.
Qualification & Experience:
• Essential: Diploma or College degree in healthcare or business management (or its equivalent from country of origin) plus one (1) year Internship
• Experience: Three (3) years minimum as Safety Officer or other appropriate senior insurance designation is desirable. Is adept at using computer languages in Windows environment for report preparation and monitoring.
Company: Saudi German Hospital
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A
Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Jobs in Dubai - United Arab Emirates United Arab Emirates
Saudi German Hospital Jobs – Fire & Safety Officer Dubai - United Arab Emirates jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.