1331 Solutions Inc.
1331 Solutions Inc. Canada Canada
3 months ago
Our client, a Public Accounting Firm located in downtown Toronto is recruiting for Senior Audit Associates. Senior Audit Associates are responsible for leading and/or performing -- from start to finish -- procedures relating to the preparation of year-end working paper files for all types of engagements. You will plan engagements, prepare budgets, prepare work programs, monitor progress, supervise junior staff and review their work, and prepare draft financial statements and management letters, etc., in accordance with professional accounting and assurance standards.
• Builds relationship with client staff at management level during engagements.
• Begins to build knowledge of client's operations and their business.
• Learns firm services and how to recognize sales and cross-sales opportunities with existing clients.
• With more senior staff, may begin to participate in business development and promotion activities.
Operational / Technical
•... Intermediate/Senior file preparer: assists in planning and performs procedures in relation to audit, review, and compilation engagements, including preparation of financial statements.
• Applies working methods and relevant tools (which are adapted to the situation) during the production of files
• Begins to analyze and document problematic situations, and may make recommendations from time-to-time
• May supervise more junior staff on sections of working paper files.
• May review lower-level work.
• May review WIP, prepare billing analysis, and draft invoices.
• Adheres to firm policies and procedures and Handbook requirements, and ensures that firm quality standards are met.
Learning and Growth
• Completes professional designation requirements (academics and experience)
• Takes responsibility for own continuing professional development.
• Trains more junior staff
• Acts as a "buddy" to more junior staff.
• May act as a mentor to more junior staff.
• May start to focus interest, select a service line (ex: audit, tax, etc.), and work on engagements of less variety (3-5 industries)
• Final year candidate for CPA designation or holds a CPA designation.
• Minimum of 2-3 years of public practice or equivalent experience, preferably in a mid-sized accounting firm
• Audit experience is necessary
Senior Audit Associate Canada jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.