Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. Houston TX United States
2 months ago
41220BRReq No.:41220BRJob Description and Qualifications: Do you enjoy working in a global corporate design environment? Are you looking to work within a fast-paced, forward-thinking organization? Looking to expand your skills as a Sr. Principal Civil Engineer? Air Products, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases, has an immediate opening for a Sr. Principal Civil Engineer.
The Sr... Principal Civil Engineer position is currently available at either the Air Products Houston, TX or the Allentown, PA office.
Job description summary We are seeking a hardworking Sr. Principal Civil Engineer with experience in leading large scale and sophisticated projects covering a wide range and sizes of industrial type applications; Air Separation Units (ASU), Hydrogen Processing Units, Process Gases & Gasification Units, LNG facilities, and Technology improvements. We provide support and liaison to global manufacturing facilities and construction sites.
The role of this position is a key leadership role and being responsible for developing concepts and strategies for both internal design and coordination & oversight of a 3rd party EP team during the FEED or conceptual phase of a project. The roles and responsibilities will also include oversight of work created by both 3rd party EP teams and Air Products’ Detailed Engineering & Design (DED) execution centers located in the AP India Pune and Vadodara offices as well as Local Design Institutes (LDIs) in China. Travel to India and China is required.
The applicant must be proficient in Civil Engineering Drainage & Design and demonstrate sound engineering judgment in well-designed and constructed planning, site layout, hydrology, hydraulics, and earthwork projects. Skills shall also include validated understanding of Structural Engineering & Design related to pipe rack modules, stacked process equipment modules, pipe support & tray systems, equipment supports, and access platform areas.
Sr. principal accountabilities:
• Review and build project scope and execution strategies, including developing multicenter execution strategies involving 3rd party EP team and other Air Products regions and offices.
• Prepare and/or lead all aspects of the development of construction plans which include drainage plans, grading plans, site plans, erosion and sediment control plans, process waste drainage, and sanitary waste systems.
• Develop storm water pollution prevention plans (SWPPP) according to local codes and authorities.
• Perform field work surveys and site inspections, evaluates customer or municipal tie-ins.
• Assist in land development permitting and environmental impact activities including liaison with local authorities having jurisdiction.
• Perform geometry road design and design of flexible and rigid pavements as well as developing pavement management plans.
• Review and develop quantities of material.
• Ensure alignment to basis of design, design criteria, design concepts, contract specification, standards, and other contract documents.
• Ensure consistency to result list(s).
• Handle Schedule of Result checkpoints.
• Develop and lead Score Card Checking Management.
• Perform Progress assessment / metrics.
• Apply Management of Change.
• Perform checking, approval, and sealing/stamping your work.
• Documentation control and record retention.
• Review of Detailed Design work produced by 3rd party EP team and/or our Indian Engineering & Design Center. Work with India DED center personnel in India to align on work, results quality and content, and timing of issuance. Alignment will include providing specific mentorship, go-bys, and prescriptive instructions. Routine travel to India offices in Pune and Vadodara will be required.
• Review conformance of work you're doing with project specifications, standards, and contract documents.
• EPC Oversight: Assist to build & implement oversight strategies of EPC scope execution and work.
• Attend project & group meetings.
• Interface efficiently with other subject areas and Project Engineering Management.
At Air Products, we work in an environment where diversity is essential, inclusion is our culture, and each person knows they belong and matter. To learn more, visit About Air Products.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans. You will be eligible for benefits and also be 100% vested in your retirement benefits on your first day of employment.
Air Products thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Job Title:SR. PRINCIPAL CIVIL ENGINEEREmployment Status:Full TimeLocation:US-TX-HoustonCountry:United StatesRegion:North AmericaOrganization:Global Engrg Mfg Technology & Equipment Business Sector / Division:Global Engineering Procurement & Quality CI
Houston TX USA
Jobs in Houston TX United States
SR. PRINCIPAL CIVIL ENGINEER Houston jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.