VHB New York NY United States
2 months ago
ABOUT THE POSITION...
Project Manager - Senior Civil Engineer | Hybrid | New York City, NY | Newark, NJ
VHB's New York City office is seeking a Senior Civil Engineer/ Project Manager who is passionate about managing innovative transportation engineering projects. This is an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic and growing team, and tackle NYC's most complex highway, rail, and roadways projects. Experience working with local agencies (NYCDOT, NYCDDC, NYCDEP, NYCEDC, MTA, etc.) is highly desired.
VHB is seeking an individual to lead tasks and manage transportation projects within a team of highly motivated engineers. This may include:
• Managing multi-disciplinary transportation engineering projects
• Supporting the production of design plans, calculations, specifications, and permitting documents
• Being a trusted advisor to the client, acting as the main point of contact for the design team, subs, and stakeholders.
• Providing technical QA/QC
• Overseeing construction support services (review of submittals and RFIs)
• Assisting with business development activities and proposal writing
• Assisting with scheduling and management of project financials
Skills and Attributes
• Knowledge of the policies, procedures and design standards of NYCDOT, NYCDDC, MTA and/or NYCDEP
• Knowledge of industry-standard engineering software (e.g., AutoCAD, MicroStation, Civil3D, OpenRoads)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to manage a multidisciplinary team and multiple deadlines
• Team oriented and motivated to lead/mentor junior staff
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Self-motivated, highly organized, and detail oriented
• 11-15 years of civil design engineering experience required
• BS in Civil Engineering required
• PE license required
Our best estimate of the salary range for this position located in New York City is $130,000-180,000. The final compensation will be based on a variety of factors such as individual qualifications, education, and experience.
WE ARE VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience.
• Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation.
• Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects.
• Amazing co-workers
• A focus on learning and development
• Flexible, hybrid workplace
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing and we hope you’ll join us!
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
New York NY USA
Jobs in New York NY United States
Project Manager - Senior Civil Engineer New York jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.