The Salvation Army Eastern Territory
The Salvation Army Eastern Territory New York NY United States
2 months ago
The Salvation Army is the largest provider of social services and second largest provider of disaster relief in the United States. The Greater New York Division covers New York City, Long Island, Westchester, and the Lower Hudson Valley regions. Within Greater New York, The Salvation Army operates 38 community centers, dozens of soup kitchens and food pantries, three homeless shelters... eight homes for developmentally disabled adults, and five drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers, among numerous other programs catering to community needs, such as free daycare, after school programming, and seniors' activities.
Reporting to the Divisional Director of Philanthropy, the Integrated Marketing Manager will collaborate on marketing strategy and lead project management for the region's public relations, digital advertising, and email and direct mail campaigns in coordination with vendors and the internal team.
The Marketing Manager will provide oversight to the marketing team, including the Marketing Associate, and work in partnership with Digital Content Manager who will provide resources for external communications. The Marketing Manager will work to ensure the Development Department is supplied with donor-centric marketing materials that can be used in fundraising initiatives and will provide oversite to The Salvation Army's growth through the web and social media. The Marketing Manager will work closely and side-by-side with their team to ensure any valuable social service and ministry programs are highlighted and shared with the community directly or through members of the Development Department.
This is a hybrid position with in-office days a minimum of three days per week. Regional travel is required
• Oversee Marketing Associate and partner with Digital Content Manager to acquire, develop, and distribute high quality content and materials
• Project manage all marketing and donor communications campaigns and vendors, including digital marketing, email communications, direct mail, and public relations
• Spearhead vendor relationships to ensure cost efficiency and message effectiveness
• Manage media inquiries and press communications in partnership with public relations agency
• Work with regional personnel to identify media opportunities and prepare local staff for participation
• Manage mail appeal program with vendor, including copy editing, supplying localized story and photo content, and processing invoices
• Manage digital fundraising program with vendor, including copy editing, supplying localized story and photo content, and processing invoices
• Manage and update the regional website, add news blog items as appropriate, create URL redirects for marketing materials
• Supervise the creation of newsletters, event invitations, flyers, web pages, the annual report, and other marketing materials to be used by fundraising staff for donor cultivation
• Work with team to develop ad-hoc email and mail communications to donors
• Review all marketing and communications content to ensure alignment with The Salvation Army's brand and message
• Communicate with field staff to determine programs and individuals to be featured in content with a fundraising and awareness-building goal
• Oversee The Salvation Army's "voice" across marketing channels, including on social media
• Oversee the maintenance of requests, complaints, and concerns that are received at The Salvation Army, including referrals to appropriate staff or reporting serious situations to leadership personnel
• Stay up to date on the latest media trends regarding technology, practices, social media, etc.
• Stay up to date on current events to determine relevant connections with The Salvation Army's work and to maximize visibility across channels
• Manage text-to-donate communications when needed
• Manage online fundraising platforms, including the creation of donation forms
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Media, or similar field with 5+ years' experience in community relations
• Knowledge of digital and direct marketing tools, procedures, and strategies
• Experience with video, photo, audio, and lighting equipment
• Extensive knowledge of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, etc. and their management
• Knowledge of a variety of video, audio, and image editing software, including Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition)
• Proficiency in website management systems
• Highly effective interpersonal and conversational skills in combination with excellent writing and communication abilities
• Ability to work cohesively in a team to collaborate effectively with staff and other representatives and partners of The Salvation Army
• Willingness and ability to travel based on necessity. Valid Driver's License required. Ability to work remotely and in-office, with the expectation that no less than three days per week will be in-office.
• Passion for The Salvation Army's mission, coupled with a strong commitment to know and understand The Salvation Army's history, mission and structure, as well as its services, policies, and procedures
New York NY USA
Jobs in New York NY United States
Integrated Marketing Manager (DHQ) New York jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.