Northeastern University Boston MA United States
2 months ago
About The Opportunity
The Social Media Content Manager is responsible for overseeing the strategy, development, and execution of organic social media for Northeastern Admissions and Northeastern Graduate Programs social media channels on behalf of Enrollment Management. This individual will help improve brand awareness, generate leads, and cultivate the University’s reputation as a thought... leader in the industry.
The Social Media Content Manager will work closely with the Creative Director, Associate Director of Content, and creative and marketing teams within Enrollment Management to develop and maintain brand continuity across all social platforms. The incumbent will generate a yearly social media content calendar that complements the existing strategies across other content platforms (email, print, blog, etc.) to drive engagement and foster community among audiences on social media.
The Social Media Content Manager will collaborate with members of the Creative Team (Content, Design, and Multimedia) to brainstorm, create, and execute content that aligns with divisional marketing goals. This individual will work closely with the Associate Director of Content to leverage digital assets across appropriate social channels.
The Social Media Content Manager is responsible for overseeing scheduling and publishing of all content across channels, including strategic development and planning, community development and management, and assessment and adjustments to ensure alignment with divisional goals. Additional responsibilities include brainstorming new ways to leverage new and existing content across platforms, expanding the social presence across new or previously unexplored channels, and consistently growing audience engagement, interaction, and proactivity in staying current in social media trends and tactics.
The Social Media Content Manager will manage reporting for social campaigns, channel engagement, and the effectiveness of the social strategy to influence engagement for each audience. The Social Media Content Manager will be required to update strategy on a channel-specific or overall brand level to reflect reported outcomes.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field required.
• 5+ years of experience in content/social media marketing (preferably with a B2C audience.)
• Portfolio of previous work demonstrating both long- and short-form writing capabilities and previously executed social media marketing campaigns.
• Ability to think strategically about social media from both an overall-strategy and campaign-specific perspective.
• Experience leveraging platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, and more.
• Ability to engage, inform, and inspire multiple audiences across varying brands and demographics.
• Ability to alter writing style and approach to strategy to best align with various platforms, brands, audiences, and more.
• Ability to juggle multiple high-stakes campaigns, projects, and schedules at once.
• Comfort with process documentation, scheduling, stakeholder management, and project management as needed.
• Exceptional creativity, innovation, and passion for social media work.
• Strong collaboration skills and previous management experience are required.
• Familiarity with social scheduling software (e.g., Sprout Social, HootSuite, Buffer, eClincher)
• Experience developing KPI dashboards to report on channel outcomes using tools like Google Analytics
• Understanding Higher Education marketing is a plus.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, etc.) is a plus.
Required Application Documents
A cover letter, resume, and digital portfolio or links to examples that showcase social media content strategy and cross- platform examples.
Marketing and Communications
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University’s commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity
Boston MA USA
Jobs in Boston MA United States
Social Media & Content Manager Boston jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.