ALS Education, LLC
ALS Education, LLC Atlanta GA Georgia
3 months ago
The Math Teacher position is responsible for coaching, motivating and instructing high school students within the company model and with attention given to each student’s Individual Graduation Plan (IGP). All for-credit courses are aligned to state standards and are delivered in such a way to engage student learning, and accelerate the accumulation of credits through a mastery-based educational... model. In many respects, the teacher acts more like a coach and mentor in this environment and is specifically focused on ensuring the success of his/her students.
• Provide a learning environment of high student accountability in reading that is student-centered and aligned with the school’s academic goals and specified objectives.
• Provide direction and leadership within the school and classroom by displaying deep and effective working knowledge of the reading process and demonstrating best practices relating to teaching, intervention, and instructional techniques in content area text.
• Maintain, disaggregate, and provide progress-monitoring reports, reading records, benchmark data, and other student records as required by district or state regulatory guidelines and company policy and procedures.
• Collaborate effectively and professionally with peers to develop, plan, and implement best educational practices based upon the individual academic needs of the students that are aligned with company goals.
• Participate in professional development courses or activities to maintain appropriate certification or credentials based on position.
• Assist in all initiatives to ensure school meets defined FTE enrollment and attendance goals.
• Performs all other duties as assigned, which are aligned in accordance with company policy and procedures that ensure educational goals are achieved.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of the principles of secondary education.
• Knowledge of curriculum and instructional theory.
• Knowledge, skills and ability to analyze and use data to drive program improvement.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PREREQUISITES
• Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution
• Teacher Certification or Statement of Eligibility in Mathematics 6-12
• Minimum one (1) year high school teaching
• Previous experience and/or the ability to work with overage and at-risk youth is preferred.
Opportunities abound at ALS Education LLC, a leading provider of non-traditional programming for students who are at-risk of dropping out of high school or who have already dropped out and are seeking a second chance. Serving students in some of the largest school districts in Florida, Georgia, and North Carolina, ALS Education LLC manages 21 schools (17 in Florida, 3 In North Carolina, and 1 in Georgia). ALS Education LLC is currently seeking outstanding teachers, leaders, and staff who are committed to helping our students aged 16-21 who have dropped out and need a unique learning environment to thrive and be successful.
Our schools provide students the opportunity to get back on track in their learning by building basic skills and meeting requirements for graduation. Looking beyond graduation, we provide extensive career and college readiness training to prepare students with the skills and planning for life after high school.
We have an increased need for teachers interested in teaching reading, math, science, special education, and English as a second language in an innovative High School Setting.
If you are seeking an opportunity to be part of a mission-driven organization and impact the lives and legacies of students and families, apply now!
• Growing organization with growth opportunities for interested and high performing employees
• Significantly smaller typical student load than a traditional high school (average 50 versus 150 in a traditional high school)
• Minimal daily lesson planning as the core curriculum is computer-driven
• Opportunity to spend instructional time supporting the individual needs of students
• Minimal non-instructional assignments (ie. no cafeteria coverage; afterschool sports or activity supervision)
• 401K with company profit sharing match
• Daily opportunity for additional hourly stipends for the extended school day
• Ability to support students from the beginning to the end of their journey (students don't change teachers year-over-year)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $47,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Flexible spending account
• Health insurance
• Health savings account
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Referral program
• Retirement plan
• Tuition reimbursement
• Vision insurance
• Monday to Friday
• Bachelor's (Required)
• Teaching Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
Atlanta GA USA
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.