Eurofins Columbia MO United States
2 months ago
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an... emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Eurofins BioPharma Product Testing-Columbia has delivered expert scientific support to companies working to improve human and animal health. As a member of the Eurofins BPT Columbia team, you will work alongside respected technical experts dedicated to scientific excellence in a process driven regulatory compliant environment.
Eurofins BPT-Columbia is looking for a Sr. Scientist to join our Biochemistry team located in Columbia, Missouri. The Sr. Scientist is an advanced position, involved in planning own work and supervising day-to-day activities in the laboratory working under prescribed procedures (protocols, standard operating procedures, methods, etc.). Completes complex work for research and development, CGMP and GLP studies and documents and reports data in a timely manner according to regulatory guidelines. Plans the conduct of a study; monitors study procedures to ensure data accuracy and report quality; conducts complex analysis and experimentation on substances, for purposes such as product and process development and application, quantitative and qualitative analysis and improvement of analytical methodologies. Typically serves as technical leader within group and may be the project leader/study director on complicated projects.
• Designs, carries out, and performs simple and complex experiments and procedures in accordance with all applicable regulatory (e.g. DEA, EPA, FDA, FIFRA, OECD, etc.) requirements as defined by protocol, method, and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
• Routinely develops procedures and methods for the solution of technical problems.
• Performs progressively more complex procedures and experiments.
• Is able to utilize equipment, facilities, and personnel to produce sound scientific results in a timely fashion for Eurofins clients.
• Serves as an expert for technical issues for staff and external customers.
• Adheres to schedule according to Eurofins or contracting organization’s timetable and establishes daily or weekly routines necessary to ensure on-time delivery.
• Designs and conducts most procedures independently using laboratory equipment, computer resources, and institutional libraries.
• Prepares standards and specifications for processes, facilities, products, and tests.
• Conducts studies to determine and deliver results involving the composition, structure, properties, relationships, and all critical parameters of the material contracted for testing.
• Performs complex data evaluations, reviews the work of others, and writes complex technical reports and standard operating procedures.
• Responsible for the quality and accuracy of the data and reports sent to clients under assigned responsibility.
• Depending on area of assignment, handles regulated materials (quarantined matrices, DEA-controlled and radiolabeled materials, etc.), potential biohazard materials, and toxic chemicals according to company procedures.
• Depending on area of assignment, performs ELISA testing for protein expression.
• Likely to work on several projects concurrently and may monitor and direct activities of other staff performing work in area of expertise.
• Conducts training of staff on techniques necessary to perform laboratory assignments.
• May serve as study director, principal investigator, or project leader for GLP and CGMP studies. May assist in planning the conduct of a study.
• Confers with scientists and colleagues regarding research, and be required to prepare technical papers and reports.
• Performs other related duties as required and directed.
The ideal candidate would possess:
• Superior knowledge of scientific discipline; basic relevant technical skills; ability to read and understand protocols, SOPs, and technical guidelines.
• Experience with protein characterization, including peptide mapping and intact mass by LC/MS.
• Experience with MRM Assay and AAA.
• Compliance with, and knowledge of, regulatory guidelines and company SOPs (CGMP, GLP) is required.
• Good organizational skills and the ability to follow direction.
• Ability to instruct and provide technical direction to others is required.
• Ability to consult with clients and knowledge of date submission requirements for clients is necessary.
• Superior skill in handling radioactive or toxic chemicals may be required.
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
• Knowledge, use, or calibration of a wide range of laboratory equipment
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field such as chemistry, biochemistry, biology, chemical engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, or other directly related field or degree with comparable coursework in the above areas and a minimum of eight years of experience in a directly relevant setting.
• Master’s degree in a relevant field and five years of directly relevant experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree and experience.
• PhD in a relevant field and two years of directly relevant experience may be substituted for bachelor’s degree and experience.
• Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship.
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Columbia, MO are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage with dental and vision options, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and PTO.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
We are looking forward to receiving your application including your expected salary and possible start date via our career website.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer
Columbia MO USA
Jobs in Columbia MO United States
Senior Biochemist Columbia jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.