University of Pretoria
University of Pretoria Pretoria South Africa
2 months ago
FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
SECTION OF SPORTS MEDICINE
SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
POST TITLE: SENIOR LECTURER (ONE POST)
• Offering and coordinating education programmes and leadership in MMed Sports and Exercise Medicine, PG Diploma in Sports and Exercise Health, and MSc Sports Medicine;
• Providing postgraduate supervision;
• Assist with the workings of the WIL office;
• Course and curriculum development with a focus on Sports and Exercise Medicine (SEM);
• Teaching in a hybrid environment;
• Developing, implementing, supporting and updating SSM e-learning platform: clickUP.
Closing date: 10 March 2023
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements
• MBChB degree and/or Doctoral degree in the relevant field or equivalent qualification; At least three years tertiary or related teaching experience;
• Minimum of five publications in... accredited journals;
• At least two postgraduate students supervised (completed), preferably Masters level or higher;
• Evidence of conference papers delivered;
• Evidence of academic administration;
• Some experience in curriculum development/ innovation;
• Teaching portfolio compliant with UP criteria;
• Registration with HPCSA.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
• Qualification in Sports and Exercise Medicine;
• Evidence of community engagement;
• Some experience as a Course/block coordinator or equivalent;
• Ability to engage in teaching and learning at a higher education level;
• Appropriate language and communication skills in English;
• A thorough understanding of Teacher Professional Development in higher education;
• Ability to initiate and supervise research at postgraduate level;
• Ability to work in a community of scholars;
• Ability to initiate a research project;
• Computer literacy;
• Value-based and value-driven person with the ability to set professional example to students;
• Offer clinical services at a UP Sports and Exercise Medicine.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
• Ability to co-ordinate and manage programme delivery;
• Evidence of development of modules for programmes in Sports Medicine;
• Formative and summative assessment experience;
• Evidence of research activeness over past two years.
The all-inclusive remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 June 2023, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
By applying for this vacancy, the candidates consent to undergo verification of personal credentials and related information including, but not limited to, qualifications, criminal record, credit record, current and historic disciplinary proceedings as part of the selection process.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions
Pretoria South Africa
Senior Lecturer: School of Medicine - Section of Sports Medicine Pretoria jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.