Glacier View Lodge
Glacier View Lodge Courtenay Canada
3 months ago
CLASSIFICATION: Social Worker Grade II(a)
PAY RATE: Grid Level 12
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Social Worker works as a member of an interdisciplinary team to provide resident-centered social work services to clients and their caregivers. Responsibilities include assessment, care planning, intervention, consultation, program planning, teaching, discharge planning and referrals to work with clients and their families where the social, financial, cultural, emotional, or psychological circumstances of the resident presents barriers to care and/or optimal level of function. Provides consultation and education for family members on matters relating to the psycho-social health and well-being of residents in long term care settings.
PERFORMS RESPONSIBILITIES BY:
1. Provides clinical social work services to residents and families in Complex Care.
2. Collaborates with and facilitates efficient resident admissions, transfers, discharges with the... admission/discharge/transfer team for Complex Care.
3. Provides comprehensive admission assessments (capability Assessments, social, financial, and cultural needs) and makes recommendations for care plan strategies.
4. Utilizes a broad range of clinical social work interventions using a variety of treatment modalities.
5. Provides supportive therapeutic and/or counselling services as appropriate (e.g., adjustment counseling/grief counseling.
6. Accesses resources and makes referrals related to financial and personal competency.
7. Attends team meetings and facilitates care reviews to provide input from a social work perspective and collaborate with other members of the interdisciplinary team in the provision of quality, resident-centered care.
8. Facilitates access to programs and community support services/resources, making referrals as appropriate.
9. Documents observations, interventions, and care/treatment outcomes in resident records.
10. Facilitates Family Council meetings, working collaboratively with families and management staff to identify meaningful topics for discussion as well as focus for family education.
11. Assists other members of the interdisciplinary team by providing input and feedback.
12. Develops support components to care/treatment plans that maximize the resident’s inclusion via collaboration with caregivers, families, contracted support services, community agencies and other sources of support for residents.
13. Ensures a safe and healthy working environment by observing infection control procedures, removing obvious hazards, reporting faulty equipment, accidents, injuries, and near-misses; and adhering to and enforcing rules regarding safety.
14. Other related duties as required.
Bachelor of Social Work degree from a recognized university.
Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
Two years recent, related experience in Long Term Care, Palliative Care or Mental Health, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Demonstrate a working knowledge of applicable legislation.
· Demonstrate counseling skills, including crisis, loss, and grief counseling.
· Ability to support conflict resolution and effective problem solving.
· Ability to work independently or as a member of a team and with deadlines.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
· Skills in Facilitation, and Teaching through in-services and presentations.
· Demonstrated ability to foster good public relations and network with other services/agencies.
· Physically and emotionally suitable to perform the duties of the position.
· Ability to operate a computer and related software.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Salary: $38.45-$48.03 per hour
• Casual dress
• Company events
• Company pension
• Dental care
• Disability insurance
• Discounted or free food
• Employee assistance program
• Extended health care
• Life insurance
• On-site parking
• Paid time off
• Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
• French not required
• 4 hour shift
• Day shift
• Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
• Courtenay, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
• Bachelor's Degree (required)
• Social Worker: 3 years (preferred)
• BCCSW membership (required)
Work Location: One location
Expected start date: 2023-03-27
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.