Humber River Regional Hospital
Humber River Regional Hospital Toronto Canada
2 months ago
Build your career at the hospital that’s building for the future
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. With the opening of our new facility, North America’s first fully digital hospital, scheduled for October 18, 2015, the future is very exciting for our people and programs. And we’re looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver excellent, patient-focused, expert care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen’s University.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Social Worker to join our Maternal & Child team.
Reporting Relationship: Manager, Mother Baby Unit
Hiring Salary Range: $40.78-$50.63
• Provide psychosocial assessment, crisis intervention and liaising with community resources in area of Maternal & Child Care.
• Demonstrates a Patient & Family Centred Care approach to care.
•... Assist client in Community Resource Planning.
• Assist with discharge planning.
• Interviewing and counseling patients and facilitate family meetings.
• Resource to other team members in managing the psychosocial care of the patients.
• Acts as patient and family advocate.
• Committee involvement and assist in policy development.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Education and orientation to new staff about child welfare and support for perinatal loss.
• Masters Degree in Social Work obtained from an accredited University Program or equivalent required.
• Current membership with OASW and OCSWSSW, or eligibility to become a member required.
• Previous recent experience with Obstetrical and with Paediatric patients, Child Protection Services and Perinatal Loss Issues required.
• Good organizational skills with an ability to set priorities in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written) required in order to facilitate effective communication with patients, peers and other healthcare team members and volunteers.
• Excellent decision making and advocacy skills.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize a consistent and varied workload.
• Ability to teach and direct staff.
• Ability to compile statistical reports in order to develop and improve policies and program.
• Ability to speak a second language an asset.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the needs of a diverse community.
• Excellent attendance and discipline free record required.
Hours of work: Available to work Monday through Sunday
Location: Wilson Site
Employee Group: OPSEU 590
Why Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and live our values of Compassion, Professionalism and Respect. People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Studer Group hospital, focused on building our evidence-based leadership practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it’s our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes. After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care...healthier community.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
Humber River Hospital is committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe that diversity drives our culture of innovation. By bringing together a variety of different perspectives, it fuels our creative thinking, generates new ideas and creates solutions designed to address tomorrow's healthcare challenges today. We take pride in providing professional development and career advancement opportunities for our employees including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We also provide accommodation to applicants and all of our employees - from hire to retire.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at Humber River Hospital.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Humber River Hospital, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the hired employee’s first date of employment Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital’s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Social Worker Maternal & Child Program Toronto jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.