hireVouch Canada Canada
2 months ago
This role is for a company focused on technology consulting, implementation, and managed services HQ'd in Broomfield, Colorado. They are an Oracle Platinum Partner and have leading partnerships with AWS, Microsoft, Google, Maria DB, Mongo DB, MySQL. They provide 24/7 managed services for all mission-critical database systems and application environments, which is possible through their proven models of Tier 3 DBAs in the U.S. and Tier 2 teams in India.
This is a fully remote position for candidates in Canada.
• Influence and provide leadership beyond own projects or across multiple customers.
• Provide technical escalation expertise for database system problems.
• Provide design expertise for complex database solutions.
• Increase or contribute to customer satisfaction and profitability, keeping an eye out for customer needs and or issues where we may be able to provide solutions to improve their database environments.
• Promote and enforce adoption of standards... processes, and SLAs.
• Schedule and conduct the weekly technical review meeting with each customer where you are
• the Primary DBA.
• Perform proactive database administration for all databases at all your clients.
• Automate work/jobs where appropriate and engage Support Services DBAs when needed.
• Take ownership and accountability for all your customers- i.e. Work for the client like you were a DBA employed at that company.
• 8+ years overall IT experience, with 5+ years on MySQL and MariaDB Product Suite.
• Extensive experience in MySQL 5.6/5.7/8.0 and MariaDB 10.4/10.5/10.6 both on-premises and
• Has supported large enterprise environments with complex datasets.
• Worked in Clustered architecture like InnoDB cluster, Galera Cluster,etc.
• Experience in MySQL and MariaDB backup, restores, advanced monitoring solutions, performance tuning, and database migrations.
• Experienced in Advanced HA Replication solutions with MySQL, MariaDB and Percona.
• Experienced in RDS and Aurora MySQL support.
• Experienced in Installation, Configuration and Administration of MySQL and MariaDB on Linux
• and Windows.
• Experienced in AWS, Azure,GCP and/or any cloud provider environment.
• Experience in data modeling, schema design and optimization.
• 24/7 production support experience.
• Knowledge of Linux and Windows Servers.
• Percona Toolkits, PMM, ProxySQL, Orchestrator,Max Scale etc.
• Automation using Ansible,Chef,Puppet or IaaC with Terraform/Cloud Formation,etc.
• Preferable Kubernetes experience.
• MySQL, MariaDB and AWS, Azure Certifications is a plus
Senior MySQL Database Administrator Canada jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.