Wise Move South Africa South Africa
2 months ago
To deliver strategic external communications outcomes for mothers2mothers (m2m) locally and internationally. The role reports to the Senior Communications Manager (Head Office), Communications Department. The position is based at m2m Head Office in Cape Town with occasional requirements for local and international travel.
Key Performance Areas:
• Country Communications Support:
• Lead on strengthening the communications of a certain number of countries (Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, South Africa) by developing and implementing communications strategies, campaigns, events, and other initiatives that support m2m’s global strategic goals.
• With support from the Communications Assistant, lead on coordinating in-country site visits.
• Support country communications needs and inbound requests as appropriate.
Writing and Content Production:
• Contribute to website blogs, email content, internal and external articles, social media posts, internal staff newsletter, and others as needs... dictate.
• Produce impactful case study stories in multimedia formats that can be shared with various audiences across m2m’s communication channels, and ensuring their timely dissemination, globally and regionally.
• Lead on coordinating all content gathering projects by liaising with the relevant internal stakeholders and third-party service providers, providing input into briefs, and managing post-production efforts where relevant.
• Coordinate all Spokeswomen engagements.
• Coordinate the successful development and delivery of the Spokeswomen newsletter, and ensure its timely dissemination.
• Ensure that all Spokeswomen engagements and media opportunities captured on the Communications department project tracking tool.
• Research and engage media to increase m2m’s visibility in countries of responsibility.
• Support the Senior Communications Manager (Global) with the preparation of m2m representatives for media opportunities by developing talking points and providing logistical support.
Administration and Knowledge Management Support:
• Line management of the Communications Assistant and the Communications Intern to ensure the following:
• Oversee the production and dissemination of the internal weekly newsletter (The m2m Insider)
• All administrative documents are filed and submitted according to Finance and Grants and Compliance timelines.
• Ensure that all m2m assets are correctly and timeously filed.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or related field, or equivalent experience.
• At least three years’ prior working experience in communications
• Experience working in the NPO sector (preferably working within an HIV/ AIDS, public health or women’s rights organisation)
• Excellent communications skills in English (written and verbal)
• Committed team player with ability to foster strong working relations in a multi-cultural environment.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines within a pressurised environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to liaise at all levels.
• Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
• Passionate commitment to make a difference in the lives of women, children and families.
Interested candidates should apply by sending their CV and cover letter.
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people. Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies
Jobs in South Africa South Africa
Senior Public Relations Consultant South Africa jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.