Ultra Electronics Group
Ultra Electronics Group Gloucester United Kingdom
3 months ago
We are investigators, problem solvers, brilliant thinkers, relentless explorers, we are Ultra!
At Ultra Cyber we protect highly sensitive information, working with nations worldwide to help ensure their information is secure as possible. Our engineers work on the most difficult cybersecurity challenges to protect our national security and critical infrastructure; we strive to protect what matters.
It’s why we come to work. It’s what we are good at.
The Ultra Engineering function manages a portfolio of specialist capabilities, generating highly differentiated solutions and products by applying electronic, mechanical, and software technologies in demanding and critical environments to meet customer needs.
The CVE (Compliance Verification Engineer) operates under the delegated authority of the Head of Engineering Compliance, who is also Head of the Office of Airworthiness.
The CVE role has responsibility for ensuring Ultra products across Cyber are compliant with... relevant airworthiness and product safety legislation.
Responsible For / Key Responsibilities
Ensure that Ultra products are compliant with appropriate airworthiness and product safety legislation by:
• Maintaining the compliance process on the Ultra Business Management System (BMS)
• Monitoring defence and commercial safety standards and updating local library e.g. MAA RA5000 series regulations, EU Directives, Standards.
• Maintaining compliance checklists such as:
• DEF STAN 00-970
• BS EN 62368
• Reviewing compliance evidence against the checklists.
• Signing compliance programme checklist to confirm compliance.
• Ensuring product labelling is correct.
• Any other duties as and when required.
• Managing security of information as defined in the Security manual.
• At least 3 years’ experience of Compliance Verification in a similar or related industry.
• Extensive knowledge of specialist areas; structures, mission systems, or avionics etc.
• Technical experience of the demonstration of compliance to a certification basis (such as Part 21, CS/FAR23, CS/FAR25, Def Stan 0-970 or MIL-HDBK-516).
• Experience of design and integration of complex projects on aircraft under civil or military airworthiness regulation
• Ability to compile, technically check and verify compliance of certification programme, compliance checklist, and other certification documentation.
• The verification or checking of electrical load analysis, equipment assessments, EWIS and EZAP analysis, Electromagnetic and Ground Function Test Plans and Reports, or structural substantiations, weight, and balance reports, or system safety assessments and functional hazard assessments, according to technical specialism.
• Willing and able to obtain, and maintain, SC security clearance.
• As this role covers a wide range of experience the successful candidate will have a good foundation in Compliance Verification engineering and is passionate about furthering their learning and development within the Compliance Verification discipline.
• Be a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently using your own initiative, and as part of a team.
• Confident and self-reliant, yet aware of the limitations of your own knowledge and possess highly effective communication skills, with the ability to be clear and concise yet approachable and able to build rapport with clients.
• The understanding of DAOS.
• Knowledge of AS9100.
• Willing and able to obtain, and maintain, DV security clearance.
Qualifications / Skills Required
• Degree in an engineering, mathematical or science-based subject or equivalent experience
• Experience of/exposure to best practice development processes/lifecycles.
• Experience of/exposure to continuous integration and automated test tools and frameworks.
• Experience of DOORS and Enterprise Architect.
• Experience in Digital Electronics and Digital Logic Design.
• Experience in developing military equipment.
• Experience in developing UK High Grade Crypto products.
Every employee is critical to our success and as such we offer a range of flexible employee benefits including:
• Bonus - performance related
• 25 days’ holiday with the option to buy an extra 5
• 4 x Life Assurance Cover
• Flexible working hours
• Early Finish on a Friday
• Pension Contribution
• Our Ultra Select Benefits package including – subsidised gym & retail, childcare vouchers, cycle to work schemes, etc.
We trust and empower each other; we love to celebrate success and we win as a team. Together, we embrace change and we’re never satisfied until we’ve done what we said we’d do
Here at Ultra we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity. Underpinned by our values, behaviours and policies, we want you to feel empowered to be the best version of yourself. We also believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures will increase our diversity of thinking, ensuring we successfully deliver to our customers.
We therefore do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible
Jobs in Gloucester United Kingdom
Compliance Verification Engineer Gloucester jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.