Village of Buffalo Grove
Village of Buffalo Grove Buffalo Grove IL United States
2 months ago
Buffalo Grove is now seeking candidates for Firefighter/Paramedic.
Welcome to the Village of Buffalo Grove Firefighter/Paramedic original appointment application process, conducted by the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners. This process is designed to provide interested and eligible applicants the opportunity to qualify for ranking on an eligibility list from which new hires for the position... of Firefighter/Paramedic will be selected during a two-year period.
• Responds to emergency medical and fire calls in accordance with standard operating procedures; provides rescue and required emergency medical services; operates cutting torches and saws, power jacks, and a variety of other rescue equipment and tools; removes fire or accident victims to a safe location.
• Examines patients and reports symptoms, vital signs, and apparent nature of illness or injury to physicians by radio or telemetry equipment; performs immediate lifesaving procedures required by circumstances; stabilizes patients and carries out instructions issued by physician; administers intravenous injections and solutions, and therapeutic drugs; operates resuscitator and defibrillator; supplies back and neck supports and braces, bandages, and splints as necessary; transports patient to hospital when stable; completes mobile intensive care rescue and ambulance report.
• Inspects and maintains emergency equipment, radios, and ambulance units to ensure proper operating condition; maintains an adequate supply of first aid and other disposable materials; inventories and replenishes drug stock.
• Responds to fire alarms and lays and connects hose, operates hose nozzles and directs fog and water streams; raises and climbs ladders; uses chemical extinguishers; uses axes and similar tools to ventilate buildings and expose hidden fire areas; participates in post?fire salvage operations such as removing and covering household articles, mopping floors, and cleaning debris.
• Pumps water to fire at a designated pressure and ensures that suction hose and fire hose are properly located; monitors condition of pumper and vehicle during operation and makes necessary adjustments or changes; operates generators, smoke ejectors, foam units, and similar equipment.
• Checks engine daily and inspects pumping equipment, ignition, batteries, lights, brakes, and other equipment to see that the apparatus is in good working condition and reports defects; participates in the maintenance and minor mechanical repair of fire apparatus.
• Performs general maintenance work in the upkeep of fire station buildings and grounds; cleans, waxes, polishes, and otherwise maintains assigned equipment and quarters.
• Participates in a continuing program of training and instruction, including attendance at scheduled drills and classes; participates in company fire inspections and in pre?fire surveys.
• This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all inclusive. The employer reserves the right to assign additional duties and responsibilities as necessary.
In order to test for firefighter/paramedic candidates sitting for the exam must:
• Be 21 years of age and under 35, unless previously a full-time firefighter in Illinois at the date of the written examination.
• A US Citizen.
• Licensed by IDPH as an EMT-B at the time of the written examination. EMT-P is required at the time of a conditional offer.
• Possess or be able to obtain a valid class B non-CDL or equivalent driver's license.
• High School Diploma or the equivalent.
• Ability to understand the English language, both written and spoken.
• An IAFC/IAFF Candidate Physical Ability Test and Ladder Climb Test Certificate by a certified provider.
Additionally, any candidate called from the final eligibility register to move further in the process will be required to undergo and successfully complete a rigorous background investigation including a polygraph exam.
Written Exam and Orientation Details:
Attendance at the orientation session and written examination is MANDATORY for all applicants.
The orientation and written examination will take place at the Buffalo Grove Community Arts Center, located at 225 McHenry Road, Buffalo Grove, IL 60089.
Registration will open on Saturday, March 25, 2023 at 08:00 with the doors closing at 09:00. The mandatory orientation session will start at 09:00 followed by the written examination and will last until approximately 12:00.
Candidates who fail to appear before the doors close at 09:00 will not be allowed to attend the mandatory orientation session, complete the written examination and will not be eligible for the Final Eligibility Roster.
On orientation and testing day, you must bring a copy of your ticket, a photo ID, proof of CPAT and Ladder Climb, and EMT licensure (no electronic images).
Application and Fees are Due on Friday, March 24, 2023 by 5:00 PM.
You must complete ALL of the following steps before your application is considered complete:
• BEFORE YOU APPLY, please read the linked application packet here.
• Complete the Online Application.
• Sign-up for Orientation and pay the application fee here.
In order to qualify for the list, all elements of the testing process must be completed successfully, starting with personal attendance at the scheduled orientation session and written examination where application materials will be collected and information regarding the testing process reviewed.
Specific questions, if necessary, may be addressed to the Board via email to [email protected]
Buffalo Grove IL USA
Jobs in Buffalo Grove IL United States
Firefighter/Paramedic Buffalo Grove jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.