Internal Revenue Service
Internal Revenue Service Puerto Rico Puerto Rico
2 months ago
WHAT IS THE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at:
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If this vacancy includes more than one grade and you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and receive training to help you grow in this position.
• Developing or assisting in the development of Assembler Language(ALC) software applications on a mainframe platform;
• Participating on a team designing, developing, testing, and implementing software for less complex programs, such as modifying input forms;
• Documenting customer business rules;
• Developing flow diagrams and/or pseudo-code;
• Testing and debugging programs according to detailed requirements and submitting completed applications software to the project leader;
• Supporting the maintenance of existing applications software.
Conditions of Employment
• Must be a U.S... Citizen or National and provide proof of U.S. Citizenship. (Birth certificate showing birth in the U.S; Unexpired U.S. Passport; Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization; or Report of Birth Abroad of a U.S. Citizen (Form FS-240))
• A 1-year probationary period is required.
• Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
• Must successfully complete a background investigation, including a FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
• The employment of any candidate, including a current employee or a new hire, selected for this position may be conditional upon classification and/or audit of federal tax returns. This audit may include up to 2 years of returns.
Federal experience is not required. The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
BASIC REQUIREMENTS GS-5: Experience must include Information Technology (IT) related experience that demonstrates each of the following four competencies: 1) Attention to Detail, 2) Customer Service, 3) Oral Communication and 4) Problem Solving.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: GS-5 LEVEL: To be eligible for this position at this grade level, you must meet one of the following requirements. One year IT-related experience which was at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-4 grade level in the Federal service. IT related experience for this position includes: Basic knowledge of IT processing functions to understand the stages to automate a work process. Experience must have also included work with clients and customers to assess and/or address their needs and provide information or assistance relative to the products or services; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; and identify and resolve problems, determine relevant information, demonstrate using sound judgment, and making recommendations. Experience may have been gained in work such as computer operator or assistant, computer sales representative, program analyst, or other positions that required the use or adaptation of computer programs and systems.
EDUCATION: A bachelor's degree or equivalent degree at an accredited college or university in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management OR bachelor's degree in one or more of the fields identified above that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks.
COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: A combination of experience and education at an accredited college or university equivalent to 4 years. You may combine the college credits you completed with any qualifying experience you have to total the equivalent of a four-year college education.
For more information on qualifications please refer to .
For positions with an education requirement, or if you are qualifying for this position by substituting education or training for experience, submit a copy of your transcripts or equivalent. An official transcript will be required if you are selected.
A college or university degree generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools which meet these criteria, please refer to .
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Click for Foreign Education Credentialing instructions.
• We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies. Additional jobs may be filled.
• This is a Bargaining unit position.
• Tour of Duty: Day Shift - Start and stop times between 6:00am and 6:00pm.
• Alternative work schedule, staggered work hours or telework may be available.
• If you are in a telework eligible position, you may be directed to temporarily telework on a full-time basis due to COVID 19. Employees must be within a 200-mile radius of their official assigned post-of-duty (POD) while in a telework status. Once normal operations resume, employees may be directed back to the office to perform the duties of their position. Telework eligibility does not guarantee telework; employees must meet and sustain IRS telework eligibility requirements and supervisor's approval to participate in the IRS Telework Program. As a reminder - If you are selected for a position, you are responsible for reporting to your designated POD (location) on the negotiated start date or as directed by management.
• Relocation expenses - no
Please consider each location carefully when applying. If you are selected for a position at one of your location selections, that location will become your official post of duty.
12 Month Register
This is an open continuous announcement which allows applicants to apply up to the closing date of the announcement, 11/18/2023. The announcement will be used to fill an anticipated 10 vacancies. Selections may be made from certificates issued up to 12 months after the 1st cut-off date listed below. Contingent upon funding and space requirements, one or more vacancies may be filled at the locations listed in this announcement as they become available. Applicants must apply and/or update their applications by 11:59 pm ET at the close of the following cutoff dates to be considered: Cutoff date(s): 02/18/2023, 05/18/2023, 08/18/2023, 11/18/2023. This announcement may be amended to include additional cut-off dates within the 12 month period if needed, not later than 10 days prior to the additional cut-off date(s). Eligible applicants who apply by the initial cut-off date, will be referred in score order. If additional vacancies exist, remaining applicants will be considered in score order as needed. If the position(s) are no longer needed prior to the closing date, this announcement may be closed early.
• A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. .
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application. All application materials, including transcripts, must be in English.
• Online Application - Questionnaire
• Education - See Education Section above
• Registration/License (if applicable) - active, current registration/license
• High School Diploma (or equivalent) - If you are 16 or 17 years of age, you MUST submit documentation of graduation from high school (or equivalent); OR completion of a formal vocational training program; OR statement from school authorities agreeing with your decision to pursue employment rather than continuing your education.
Please note that if you do not provide all required information, as specified in this announcement, your application will be determined incomplete, and you will not be considered for this position (or may not receive the special consideration for which you may be eligible).
How to Apply
The following instructions outline our application process. You must complete this application process and submit any required documents by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on 11/18/2023 and/or cut-off dates in this announcement. We are available to assist you during business hours (normally 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. ET, Monday - Friday). If applying online poses a hardship, please contact us by noon ET on 11/18/2023.
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link:
• To begin the application process, click the "Apply Online" button.
• You will be re-directed to USA STAFFING to complete your application process; answer the online questions and submit all required documents. (To submit supporting documents, import documents from USAJOBS to the appropriate document types. If the document you need was not imported from USAJOBS, you may upload it directly into this application. To protect your privacy, we suggest you first remove your SSN).
• To complete, you must click the "Submit Application" button prior to 11:59 PM (ET) on 11/18/2023.
To update your application, including supporting documentation, at any time during the announcement open period, return to your USAJOBS account (). There you will find a record of your application, the application status, and an option to Update Application. This option will no longer be available once the announcement has closed.
To verify the status of your application both during and after the announcement open period, log into your USAJOBS account: . All of your applications will appear on the Welcome page. The application record in your USAJOBS account provides an Additional Application Information page that provides information regarding the documentation you submitted and any correspondence we have sent related to this application. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: .
Agency contact information
(ERC) Employee Resource Center
1111 Constitution Ave NW
Washington, DC 20224
Treasury believes in a working environment that supports inclusion; please view our reasonable accommodation policies and procedures at . We provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis; contact us if you require this for any part of the application and hiring process.
Once your application package and online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email. You are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you. You may check the status of your application for this position at any time by logging onto the USAJOBS "My Account" tab and clicking on "Application Status." For a more detailed update of your application status, you may click on "more information." Please notify us if your contact information changes after the closing date of the announcement. If your email mailbox is full or blocked (SPAM) you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is set up to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance
Jobs in Puerto Rico Puerto Rico
Information Technology Specialist Puerto Rico jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.