Mott MacDonald Toronto Canada
3 months ago
Mott MacDonald is a dynamic and innovative engineering, management and development consultancy working with high profile clients across Canada and globally. We are wholly independent, employee-owned company delivering social, economic, and environmental value by connecting innovation to outcomes.
We are looking for a highly motivated consulting Data Analyst to join our Digital Consulting team in either downtown Toronto or Vancouver. We are an agile and responsive team of BIM and GIS specialists, data professionals, software developers and digital advisory management consultants focused on the built environment.
Shaping and Executing
You will help shape solutions according to client needs and manage their successful delivery. You will not be working alone but supported by the wider business for access to our deep domain knowledge and diverse digital capability.
The day-to-day activities in the role will range from gathering data through ETL processes to building BI... reports using Microsoft applications. We are looking for candidates who are keen to share their experience to date in the application of data analytics, modelling and business intelligence related data design.
You will be embedded within interdisciplinary teams on infrastructure and built environment projects, working with consultants, engineers, planners and project managers. You will be an advocate for data science and data analytics on your projects, identifying opportunities for data-driven approaches to improve project delivery and outcomes.
You will be conceptualizing from a high-level business need and then executing a data strategy to fulfil that need. You will be responsible for collecting requirements from relevant stakeholders and building a project plan around the deliverables.
Specific duties include:
• Identify opportunities for data analysis and data visualization
• Interact with stakeholders and develop requirements
• Apply tools and techniques for data analysis and data visualization
• Identify, collect and migrate data to and from a range of systems
• Manage, clean, abstract and aggregate data alongside a range of analytical studies on that data
• Manipulate and link different data sets
• Summarize and present data and conclusions in the most appropriate format for users
We are seeking a dynamic and talented person with 1-2 years’ experience and a bachelor’s in the fields of Engineering, Science, Mathematics or related degree. Our preferred candidate will have working commercial knowledge in data projects using Microsoft’s Power Platform. To be successful, you should be able to show experience in data querying using SQL on different platforms, such as using SQL within Power BI, in SSIS or SSMS.
You must be a good communicator with customer engagement experience and must be confident in your skills. You must also think creatively and should always be seeking new and more efficient ways to improve systems. You must be able to manage your own time, set your own targets and can communicate that to the team.
Skills And Qualities
• Analytical and problem-solving skills: You can apply analytical techniques to present a solution.
• Communication skills: You have strong verbal and written communication skills and understand how to share insights with stakeholders.
• Data management: You understand data sources, data organization and storage.
• Data modelling, data cleansing, and data enrichment skills: You understand conceptual, logical and physical data modelling and can develop knowledge of data cleansing and standardization.
• Data visualization: You can interpret requirements and present data in a clear and compelling way, using graphical representations and data visualizations.
• Logical and creative thinking skills: You can approach a problem, applying logic and creativity.
• Project management skills: You know how to work with stakeholders to gather requirements and deliver findings.
• Proven IT and mathematical skills: You have proven IT and mathematical skills, demonstrated through relevant qualifications or work experience.
• Quality assurance, validation and data linkage abilities: You know how to conduct data quality assurance, validation and linkage.
• Statistical methods and data analysis skills: You know about statistical methodologies and data analysis techniques.
Opening opportunities with connected thinking.
Together with our clients, Mott MacDonald is solving some of the world's most intricate challenges. We search out the connections others fail to make; we unlock creativity and deliver better outcomes for the lives we touch every day.
Mott MacDonald is a wholly independent, employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering and development consultancy servicing public and private sectors around the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices and delivering projects in 150 countries. Every day we build upon our reputation for technical excellence by taking on some of the world’s most prominent and challenging projects, particularly in areas such as highways and bridges, rail and transit systems, tunnels, and pipeline services.
We are positioned for healthy growth, profitability, and career opportunities across North America and around the world. As part of our growing business, we want to hear from you: the enthusiastic, collaborative, and talented individuals who enjoy problem solving and pitching in to grow a successful business. Join our team of seasoned professionals who are finding opportunities through connected thinking to develop our Mott MacDonald global presence.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Mott MacDonald Canada Limited will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Hybrid working policy
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team, and personal commitments. We offer a hybrid working policy that embraces your well-being, flexibility, and trust.
Mott MacDonald requires employees working in person at a Mott MacDonald workplace to either provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or periodic testing. Therefore, to be considered for this position, you must abide by Mott MacDonald policy. This policy will be reviewed periodically and may be subject to change.
More About Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence
British Columbia, Ontario
Data Analyst - Consultant Toronto jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.