BCLC Kamloops Canada
2 months ago
BCLC’s two offices are located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam Indian Band), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples in Vancouver and the Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc territory, situated within the Secwépemc Nation in Kamloops. We honour and respect the people, the territory, and the land we are part of.
Joining the Business Technology team at BCLC means you’ll be working with cutting-edge technology to help build a world-class entertainment company. This is an engaged, innovative, capable group of talented individuals working in digital enablement, product delivery services, technology platform enablement, enterprise services, integrity and operations. This enables us to execute the purchase and validation of lottery tickets at over 3500 lottery retailers, manage a complex network of 12,000 slot machines and electronic table games across the province and provide the backbone for BCLC’s eGaming platform, and... much more.
We have offices in Kamloops and Vancouver and can also support 100% remote (from within British Columbia) for this position.
The objective of the Senior Data Analyst role is to manage and execute the delivery of professional technical services and data delivery solutions to the organization so Enterprise Business Intelligence and other business stakeholder groups can deliver insights.
This role is responsible for the development and implementation of Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), administration on diverse data and business intelligence platforms, ETL and ELT engineering from source to destination. Managing and designing for our Microsoft SQL Server EDW, and in our Snowflake EDW. The Senior Data Analyst will proactively resolve complex operational technical issues and use innovative thinking in delivery of Data Warehouse solutions, including making recommendations for innovative approaches to technical work and issue resolution. The Senior Data Analyst role acts as a consultative partner by providing expertise, analysis, and advice to internal stakeholders within BCLC, as well as external to the organization, in the areas of Data Warehousing and Data Management; to enable the business to provide products and services efficiently and effectively.
• Produces Enterprise Data Warehouse solutions for all BCLC data stakeholders including:
• Requirements gathering and design, data modeling, development of required data warehouse & OLAP objects, ETL/ELT engineering, data management development, lead consultation to QA activities, and implementation.
• Operational support of all data pipelines.
• Data platform cloud and on-premises infrastructure administration, support, lifecycle management and compliance.
• Provides input to overall data warehouse and business intelligence strategies.
• Develops, maintains code repositories, and required project documentation.
• Directs business units by building operational and tactical relationships regarding data warehouse and business intelligence methods and tools.
• Communicates to key stakeholders for product delivery and incident management.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and Experience
• University degree in a relevant discipline or a two-year college diploma supplemented by industry recognized professional courses.
• 3-5 years progressively responsible experience in a database/data warehouse ETL/ELT development.
• Data platform and system administration.
• Knowledge of Cloud Data Warehouse technologies and infrastructure.
• Understanding, and development experience in Kimball design methodology.
• Equivalent combination of education and/or experience considered.
• Platform administration of environments like Cognos, IBM Infosphere DataStage, Matillion, Collibra, SQL Server, Qlik Sense and Snowflake database.
• Strong data warehousing technical skills and abilities including multi-dimensional modeling, data management procedure ETL/ELT development.
• Microsoft SQL Server database object development and data manipulation.
• Experience developing ETL/ELT data solutions using software platforms such as IBM Infosphere DataStage and Matillion considered an asset.
• Database administration experience including SQL Server, Snowflake, Oracle, MySQL, and Informix is an asset.
• Technical knowledge of Big Data / Data Lake systems such as Snowflake, Hadoop and related cloud technologies considered an asset.
• Microsoft Windows and Linux system administration is an asset.
• Knowledge of Agile and Waterfall methodology project management considered an asset.
• Excellent written, verbal, communication, and people skills.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation.
• Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills.
• Effective November 22, 2021, BCLC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with BCLC unless a legal exemption is obtained.
• To build a rich diverse workforce representing the communities which we serve, we welcome applications from people of all colours and cultures, persons with diverse abilities, and members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
• BCLC values work life balance and offers remote work options for its employees.
• Relocation assistance is available for successful job candidates.
• If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance at any step of your application, please send an email with your request to [email protected].
• For over more than a decade, we have been recognized as one of BC’s Top Employers – and we are constantly seeking ways to improve our employee and player experience. To learn more about BCLC, please visit: https://corporate.bclc.com/careers/overview.html
This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC
Senior Data Analyst Kamloops jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.