Snappr Inc. Medellín Medellin Colombia
3 weeks ago
You will be based in our Santiago or Bogota offices as part of our QuantumBlack team.You will work with other data scientists, data engineers, machine learning engineers, designers and project managers on interdisciplinary projects, using maths, stats and machine learning to derive structure and knowledge from raw data across various industry sectors. You will partner with our clients, from data owners and users to C-level executives, to understand their needs and build impactful analytics solutions.In this role, you will contribute to cross-functional problem-solving sessions with your team and deliver presentations to colleagues and client. You will translate business problems into analytical problems and develop models aimed at solving our clients and users problems and ensure they are evaluated with the relevant metrics. You will write highly optimized code to advance our internal Data Science Toolbox. You will add real-world impact to your academic expertise, as you are... encouraged to write papers and present at meetings and conferences should you wish. You will take part in R&D projects; attend conferences such as NIPS and ICML as well as data science retrospectives where you will have the opportunity to share and learn from your co-workers. What you'll benefit from
• Real-World Impact- No project is ever the same, we work with top-tier clients across multiple sectors, providing unique learning and development opportunities internationally.
• Fusing Tech & Leadership- We work with the latest technologies and methodologies and offer first class learning programmes at all levels.
• Continuous development and progression- We offer an extensive choice of training sessions, ranging from workshops to international conference, tailored to your needs as well as a personal mentorship system. We have multiple career paths and geographic locations to evolve within the firm.
• Global community- You'll learn from colleagues around the world by connecting both internally and externally through our various hosted meet-ups.
• University degree with excellent academic record; MSc level in the field of computer science, artificial intelligence, applied statistics, mathematics with applied practical experience and programming background is highly desired
• 2+ years of professional experience in applying machine learning and data mining techniques to real problems with copious amounts of data
• Experience in computer science, engineering, statistics, physics, mathematics, operations research or equivalent technical field
• Ability to independently own and drive model development, balancing demands and deadlines
• Ability to prototype statistical analysis and modeling algorithms and apply these algorithms for data driven solutions to problems in new domains
• Experience in working with large datasets and relational databases is highly desirable (SQL)
• Programming skills in Python and at least 1 of the following language: R, Scala, SQL
• Knowledge of distributed computing or NoSQL technologies is a plus
• Proven application of advanced analytical and statistical methods
• Experience in the real world application of machine learning methods and algorithms
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and Spanish
• Willingness to travel
Medellín Medellin Antioquia
Jobs in Medellín Medellin Colombia
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.