Biocartis Mechelen Belgium
2 months ago
The GL Accountant is responsible for Belgian accounting and keeping an oversight on the (international) affiliates.
The GL Accountant acts as a bridge between accounting and business control, and therefore in this role actively supports the financial and business performance of the company.
What will be my accountabilities ?
• Salary bookings and monthly reconciliations (both for Belgian as for international payroll);
• Manage diverse costs (incl cost allocation) and other bookings (incl provisions) in view of monthly closing;
• Manage the transactions of the general ledger accounts;
• Responsible for VAT (national and international), intra-community, Intrastat & form 281.50 declarations;
• Create sales invoices (as back up for the Accounts Receivable responsible);
• Draw up inter-company transactions and reconciliations;
• Book fixed assets and depreciations;
• Consolidate monthly, quarterly and yearly closings;
• Draw up the year account;
• Draw up accounting reports for the... follow up of costs; for external (statutory and other) reporting
• Draw up accounting reports for external (statutory and other) reporting to the auditors, national bank and fiscal administration;
• Draw up accounting reports for external accountants who take care of statutory responsibilities for foreign entities;
• Play an active role in preparing and recommending new policies and procedures and/or the optimization thereof;
• Documents financial transactions by entering account information;
• Works closely together with other functions to improve timely and correct data collection, interpretation, analysis, and internal control aspect;
• Support the Accounts Payable colleagues when and where needed.
• Qualified accountant (preferably holding a Master degree) or equivalent through experience
• Min. 4 years of professional experience as Accountant is required
• Up to date knowledge of Belgian accountancy and VAT legislation
• Valuation concepts on how to value the different balance sheet items
• Fixed asset accounting
• Process of Consolidation
• Knowledge of the content of the balance sheet items
• Knowledge of the content of the contracts and accounting position papers
• Excellent numerical skills
• Strong knowledge on group consolidation activities
• Knowledge on internal control processes and frameworks
• Knowledge on executing formal audit processes
• Understanding of medical diagnostics industry
• Deadline conscious and highly meticulous
• Self-starter and proactive attitude (i.e. hands on personality)
• Quick learner and able to work autonomously
• Can work and deal with confidential information
• Thrives in an innovative and changing environment
• Analytical thinking: Conducts ongoing in-depth analysis to anticipate potential problems and guides others in complex issues.
• Planning and Organization: Time & priority management: plans activities effectively with respect for priorities and deadlines.
• Communicating & Influencing: Communicates with persuasion: presents, explains and defends a complex message in a clear and concise way and persuades different stakeholders.
• Adaptability to change: Adapting to change: accepts and implements change and adapts, even in difficult situations.
• Resilience: Continues to perform effectively under time pressure and in the face of disappointment, adversity and opposition.
• Legislation and regulation:
• --> Good knowledge of VAT legislation and practical use of this legislation.
• --> Knowledge of the Belgian and international Accounting Rules
• --> Expert knowledge of Belgian GAAP
• --> Good knowledge of the corporate accounting rules
• PC skills:
• --> MS Office: Outlook, Excel (strong capabilities required), Word, Power Point
• --> Knowledge of ERP systems (experience with Microsoft Dynamics is a plus)
• Languages: Fluent in English and Dutch = MUST (reading, writing, speech)
What's in it for you ? Our offering:
We offer you an exciting job in a fast growing international and innovative environment where you can work with top entrepreneurs in the biotech industry. You can be part of a very dynamic, young and growing team. You will have freedom to shape your work and shape your job where you deem it necessary: we value your input. Of course we offer you an appropriate compensation package which includes a Flexible Income Plan & a hybrid way of working (partly in the office, partly from home
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.