University of Kentucky
University of Kentucky Lexington KY United States
2 months ago
Valid Driver's License...
Lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects up to 50 lbs.; sitting/ walking/standing for long periods of time; handling intermittent periods of high levels of stress; engaging with potentially violent or combative people.
Police Recruits work (5) 8-hour days: Monday - Friday with occasional overtime opportunities to include UK sporting events.
After Police Training Academy graduation, Police Officers will be assigned to one of the following 12 hour shifts to include rotating weekends off:
7 am - 7 pm
7 pm - 7 am
Officers work days, nights, weekends, holidays, and mandatory overtime to include UK sports and other university events.
University of Kentucky Police Officers are responsible for providing the University community with a safe and secure environment in which to work, live and learn. Our department is service oriented and specializes in meeting the needs of the campus' diverse population of students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
The major job responsibilities of the University of Kentucky Police Officer include patrol and investigations, public relations and service, community oriented policing, professional development and training, and report writing.
Specific duties include foot, bike, and mobile patrol, responding to service calls, investigating crimes, preparing and presenting testimony in court, community relations with students and campus partners, providing security and traffic control for special University events, writing reports, completing training, and engaging in professional development, and preparing written records including but not limited to citations, criminal reports, and internal documentation.
Below is the next required step of this hiring process for you to plan in advance. All qualified applicants are invited to attend the written test.
• Written Test Information
• The written test is to be completed online. Please watch for an email, to the email address you provided on the application, which will provide instructions for scheduling and taking the test.
The written test has four sections - math, reading comprehension, grammar, and writing skills. If you are interested in study materials, study guides, and practice tests to prepare for the National Police Officer Selection Test ( POST ) please visit: applytoserve.com/Study/
To learn more about who we are and what we do for the University and our community, Click Here .
Feel free to reach out with any additional questions at [email protected] Multiple positions available. Review of applications will begin immediately, and applications will be accepted until the deadline date or until all positions are filled which could be prior to deadline date listed. This position has been identified as supporting UK HealthCare, which receives funding from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services ( CMS ). Therefore, all individuals hired into this position must comply with the federal CMS mandate issued in March of 2022. This mandate requires all new hires to provide proof of COVID -19 vaccination or obtain an approved medical or religious exemption as a condition of employment. Start of employment cannot occur until two weeks after receiving the full COVID -19 vaccination series or upon obtaining an approved exemption. Only vaccines approved by the World Health Organization can be accepted.
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Per Kentucky Regulations, this position has several minimum requirements to qualify as indicated below.
• Citizen of the United States
• At least twenty-one (21) years of age
• High school graduate or has successfully completed a General Education Development (G.E.D.) examination
• Possess a valid driver's license to operate a motor vehicle
• Has not been convicted of a felony
• Has not received a dishonorable discharge, bad conduct discharge, or general discharge under other than honorable conditions
• Not prohibited by federal or state law from possessing a firearm
• Not had certification as a peace officer permanently revoked in another state
Must complete Department of Criminal Justice Training ( DOCJT ) Basic Training Academy within one year of hire date if not already certified.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
• * Per Kentucky regulations, this position requires several qualifications. These qualifications are in the posting within the "Skills / Knowledge / Abilities" section. Do you meet these minimum requirements?
• * Are you currently or have you previously been a certified police officer?
• * Have you obtained your Police Officer Professional Standards Certification through the Kentucky Law Enforcement Council (KLEC)?
• * Have you obtained a police officer certification through another state?
• * This position requires you to take a written exam as part of the University of Kentucky Police Department's employment process. Are you aware of this requirement?
• * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
• Social Media Ad (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
• Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
• HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
• A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
• UK Job Fair
• None of the Above
• * The University of Kentucky considers the health, safety and well-being of our entire community to be a top priority. In alignment with this priority, all new hires must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or obtain an approved medical or religious exemption as a condition of employment. For areas that fall under the federal CMS mandate, start of employment cannot occur until two weeks after receiving the full COVID-19 vaccination series or upon obtaining an approved exemption. Only vaccines approved by the World Health Organization can be accepted. I understand that I will be obligated to comply with the COVID-19 vaccination or exemption requirement prior to starting employment at the University of Kentucky.
• Cover Letter
Lexington KY USA
Jobs in Lexington KY United States
Police Officer/Recruit Lexington jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.