Employer: CITY OF SPOKANE, WA
Employer: CITY OF SPOKANE, WA Spokane WA United States
3 months ago
Have you successfully completed the Washington State Criminal Justice Basic Law Enforcement Academy? Are you passionate about serving others and your community? Do you have a desire to help people on a daily basis? Would others describe you as professional and ethical? If you answered yes to these questions, a career as a Police Officer at the City of Spokane may be the perfect... profession for you!
The Spokane Police Department (SPD) seeks applicants that are interested in joining a team of dedicated individuals to protect and serve Spokane citizens. SPD operates off the values of integrity, professionalism and compassion. SPD is committed to community outreach, public service, community policing and inclusivity.
Not only does a career as a Police Officer offer various advancement opportunities and diverse career paths but also rewarding and fulfilling work. A day in the life of a Spokane Police officer means doing work, each day that is vital to our community.
Police Officers also receive an excellent benefits package including a pension plan and annual salary increases!
Why choose the Spokane region:
Why do locals love Spokane? It may depend on whom you ask but most will tell you it is because of the abundance of outdoor recreation, numerous waterways within a close driving distance, arts and culture, a plethora of breweries and wineries, and a rich food scene in the vibrant downtown core. With its natural beauty, entertainment, award winning K-12 schools and excellent colleges and universities it's no wonder why Spokane continues to grow! Learn more about our city here.
EXAMPLES OF JOB FUNCTIONS
• Exercises powers of arrest and control; defends self and uses force and deadly force; enforces motor vehicle laws; operates vehicle under emergency conditions and provides emergency assistance; responds to crime scenes and performs criminal investigations; participates in special operations.
• Patrols a designated area on foot or in a radio and computer equipped vehicle to preserve law and order, to prevent and discover the commission of crime, to direct traffic and to enforce traffic and parking regulations.
• Answers calls and investigates complaints involving accidents, fires, misdemeanors and felonies; investigates suspicious activities. Administers first aid, interviews witnesses, gathers information and evidence, makes arrests, prepares reports, testifies as witness in court.
• May be assigned, on a permanent or shift basis, to such specialized technical or administrative duties as: working police desk, maintenance of criminal records, license inspection, photographic and identification work, traffic safety training, field training, radio operation, etc. Advises public on laws and ordinances, provides general information and otherwise assists the public.
• Performs related work as required.
NOTE: Before applying, please read the City of Spokane Police Department Hiring Standards.
Police Officer - Certified Requirements
(Applicants must meet all requirements when they apply.)
• Education: Completion of high school or equivalent. Completion of the Washington State Criminal Justice Basic Law Enforcement Academy.
• Certifications: Valid WSCJTC BLEA certification, at the time of hire.
• NOTE: No prior law enforcement experience is required.
• Must be 20 years of age at application and 21 years of age at the time of appointment; within normal weight range for height.
• Physical requirements for this position, including eyesight, hearing, and other physical abilities are consistent with state law and guidelines. All successful candidates who have been offered a position will be required to pass a post-offer physical and psychological examination prior to appointment.
• All applicants must possess a valid driver's license and be a United States citizen.
• A police record may be grounds for rejection.
Physical Ability Test (PAT)
All candidates must pass the Physical Ability Test (PAT). Click here for details.
The PAT will be typically administered in the following order:
• 300 meter run
• 1.5 mile run/walk
Recruitment for this job classification is open until further notice. You must complete both the online application and the Training and Evaluation examination (T&E), in order to be eligible for hiring by City of Spokane.
T&E Examination Details:
The Training and Experience examination with instructions will be emailed out via a link from FastTest ([email protected]) upon review of the applicant's minimum qualifications. You will have two weeks to complete the examination. The T&E has a scoring weight of 100%.
• Responses to your T&E questions should be consistent with the information given in your application details.
• Answers are subject to verification.
• Failure to complete all of the questions or incomplete responses will result in a lower score; therefore, it is advantageous for you to provide a full and complete response to each examination question.
• Resumes or questionnaires uploaded as attachments will not be accepted in lieu of completing each question online.
• "See Resume" or "See Above", etc., are not qualifying responses and will not be considered.
Upon request, at time of application, City of Spokane will provide alternative accessible tests to individuals with disabilities that impair manual, sensory or speaking skills needed to take the test, unless the test is intended to measure those skills.
Spokane WA USA (+1 other)
Jobs in Spokane WA United States
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.