DAI Ouagadougou Burkina Faso
2 months ago
Endeavour Mining is one of the world's largest gold producers and the largest in West Africa, with seven mines, a significant portfolio of exploration projects and a workforce of approximately 13890 people. The company has grown very rapidly in terms of size and scale over the past two years.
Endeavour Mining operates transparently and in accordance with international best practice in the areas of sustainable development, with a focus on health and safety, the environment, and community development.
The HR Manager is responsible for ensuring that the site’s Human Resources function operates efficiently and effectively including training and development, health & safety and all expatriates and national employees HR policy, procedures, systems, and processes across the site.
The incumbent will focus on strategic business challenges and provide workforce related insights to VP HR Operations, advocate and champion the organizational values, culture, and HR service delivery model within... the business. The role reports to the General Manager and is functionally aligned with the VP HR
• Implement people strategies and solutions that support business-specific objectives in agreement with the Management.
• Develop site workforce plan and related budget and manage implementation.
• Ensure organization, Operations talent and learning services, insights and initiatives are tailored to the needs of the site.
• Ensure proper & compliant administrative management of staff.
• Ensure proper & fair implementation of pay & rewards as well as compliance with local taxation and related regulations.
• Apply appropriate tactics & initiatives to maintain good relationship with stakeholders (internal/external) and unions to allow business to operate smoothly.
• Maintain employees engaged and manage properly Internal communication.
• Manage culture initiatives including diversity, inclusion, local talent promotion.
• Monitor Employees satisfaction and wellbeing.
• Manage proper implementation of performance and talent management cycle/initiatives.
• Manage and review bonus calculations and payouts in line with Group guidelines Monitor adoption, effectiveness, and compliance of EDV group HR processes, policies, and programs (recruitment, pay, training & development, leave, mobility….)
• Monitor risks to operate and ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
• Periodic reporting, analysis, and monitoring of staff costs.
• Provide management, guidance, coaching and technical assistance and support to the team.
• Monitor and evaluate the performance of the team to identify areas requiring improvement and implement training and coaching measures to ensure employees receive sufficient training enabling them to perform their duties in a safe and efficient manner.
• Promote and develop subordinates’ skills through the transfer of technology and skill development through on-the-job training programs.
• Conduct formal career development discussions with employees and identify development opportunities and programs that assist with defining future career progression possibilities.
• Encourage and facilitate effective and supportive communication between all team members and related departments.
• Report results on regular basis to the VP Operations HR
• Provide clean compliant database and liaise regularly with internal stakeholders.
• Demonstrate personal commitment regarding safety and environmental and Social Responsibility practices.
• Ensure every person within the team is fit for work.
• Ensure that agreed procedures, safeguards and controls are applied and used.
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and not necessarily all inclusive.
• Minimum Master or Bac+5 in HRM, Law or equivalent qualification
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in Human Resources with 5 years in similar level-roles
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in mining industry
• High-level of knowledge of local Labor Law
• French / English language skills essential
• Working experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and Sage, SAP, any other HRIS will be an advantage.
• Experience in a developing country with a preference for West African experience
• Experience of working effectively in a senior management team environment
• Working experience in multicultural environment
• Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and build effective relationships and networks.
• Possess strong training and mentoring skills with the ability to develop an effective team.
• Demonstrate strong conceptual skills and be capable of developing lateral and practical solutions.
• Ability to respond to a changing work environment.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at the same time.
• Reputation for integrity and ethics
• Demonstrate leadership skills.
• Influence & persuasion
• Organizational awareness
• Organization alignment
• Developing & coaching others.
WHY JOIN US?
• We are the leading gold producer in West Africa
• We offer career opportunities within a rapidly growing international company
• We offer a multidimensional career opportunity: intra site, inter site and inter country
• Very competitive benefits package
• When you join us, we guarantee excellence thanks to our world-class training and skills development policy, supported by proximity management and agility in our processes
Ouagadougou Burkina Faso
Jobs in Ouagadougou Burkina Faso
Program Manager- BMGF HCD+ Ouagadougou jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.