Uthscsa San Burkina Faso
3 months ago
The University of Texas Health San Antonio (UT Health San Antonio; UTHSA) is a leading academic health center in the United States of America with a mission to make lives better through excellence in academics, biomedical research, and clinical care. The supporting mission of the South Texas Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (STUROP) at UTHSA is to provide meaningful research projects and continuous mentorship for students in South Texas, with the major goal of substantially increasing the fraction of under-represented students who pursue advanced training (PhD or MD/PhD) and ultimately achieve academic or industry careers in biomedical research. Ideal candidates for this program are anticipated to be current first year undergraduate students seeking research experience and mentorship and who exhibit a wide variety of attributes including, but not limited to, a natural curiosity of health and disease, strong communication skills, hard-work ethics, and a... sincere dedication to achieving goals.
• Coordinating communications and activities with applicants, current and prospective undergraduate mentees, current and prospective mentors, and leadership at UTHSA and partnering institutions. This duty will require the assembly, management, and regular updating of contact information in a database for all STUROP-associated parties. It will also require contracting and reserving of all on- and off-campus rooms and facilities for all STUROP activities (including summer lodging for scholars near UT Health San Antonio).
• Establishes and communicates operating procedures, practices, and guidelines.
• Establishes, monitors and controls schedules and project budgets.
• Documenting all STUROP activities by creating and archiving meeting agendas, meeting minutes, and photographs, as well as posting regular website and social media updates. Establishing and documenting metrics of success including retention and career transition.
• Assists department leadership with revenue operational functions to ensure revenue flow is aligned with the strategic goals of the department.
• Working with STUROP advisory board members and scientific leadership to draft and submit grant applications to potential funders (private and government at state and national levels).
• Assisting with the creation, implementation, and continuous revision of program materials including posters, brochures, presentations, website, social media, and orientation materials. This duty will be assisted by a budget to leverage expertise from the UT Health San Antonio Marketing, Communications, and Media teams.
• Serves as an internal liaison with other departments that have revenue, coding concerns/questions and work closely with Compliance to ensure departmental compliance with institutional policies, procedures and protocols.
• Develops solutions to complex research problems.
• Oversees the department’s revenue cycle activities by proactively identifying, diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving issues or barriers to revenue maximization.
• Identifies research and development areas that should be investigated.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree required; experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
MS or PhD preferred.
Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience is required.
San Burkina Faso
Program Manager (Research Development) San jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.