Denny's Fredonia NY United States
3 months ago
This job posting is for employment at an independently owned and operated franchisee of Denny’s. Reveille Management LLC, is a franchisee of Denny's with 44 restaurants in Indiana, New York, Ohio, Kentucky, and Illinois.
Reporting to the General Manager, Restaurant Managers are responsible for the supervision of approximately 15 - 20 crew members, proper execution of the restaurant operations on their assigned shift, providing guests with a great dining experience and upholding service and quality standards.
Along with 1 – 2 other peer Restaurant Managers and/or Hourly Supervisors, Restaurant Managers will support the General Manager who has total accountability for the success of the restaurant. Restaurant Managers will be required to work day and night shifts, weekends, and holidays as the schedules are rotated.
Additional responsibilities include focus on employee selection and retention, continuous operational improvement, understanding profit and loss statements, operating plans, and costs. Restaurant Managers must have a strong commitment to guest satisfaction.
Key Business Areas
Successful Results In Denny’s Key Business Areas Are Supported By The Following Behaviors Or Actions
A “Key Business Area” is an area of performance in which the Restaurant Manager must be successful to meet their accountabilities.
• Willingly assists others without being asked
• Prepares and interprets financial and operational reports and schedules, analyzes data and develops solutions to ensure operating goals are achieved
• Assists the General Manager by overseeing assigned shifts and monitors brand standards execution and adherence by directing hourly staff to achieve guest service standards in a clean and pleasant environment
• Assists in the achievement of controllable profit goals by monitoring controls and taking corrective action to achieve the desired result
• Develops and coaches hourly employees on brand standards, corporate policies and procedures, and other guest focused programs/activities to meet or exceed guest service standards
• Works with the General Manager to attract, hire, onboard and retain the best hourly talent to meet staffing requirements and guest service standards
• Brings employee relations issues, deviations from brand standards, and other guest issues to the attention of the General Manager; recommends corrections; and participates in their execution as required
• Works with the General Manager to develop hourly employees through corporate training programs, individual development plans, and system assignments
• Develops relationships with civic, business, school, and professional organizations to establish good community relations and increase guest counts
• Monitors that proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests and company assets
• Enforces sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness and maintenance of kitchen, dining areas and restrooms
• Works to create and maintain an enjoyable and respectful environment for our guests and employees
• Maintains compliance with all employment policies and Brand Standards, to include all state, local and federal regulations
• Follows management cash handling, inventory and other operational procedures
• Completes all other tasks and duties as assigned
• Must be able to lift a tray weighing up to 25 lbs.
• Must be able to lift and carry supplies and equipment weighing up to 60 lbs. and place items on high and low shelves in office, store rooms, service areas, walk-in coolers and freezers
• Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, lift and grasp
• Must be able to hear well in a loud environment to respond to employee and guest needs
• Must meet any state, county or municipal regulation pertaining to health risk concerns about food handling
• Must be able to operate point-of-sale system and differentiate between monetary denominations
• Must be able to work with all Denny’s menu products
• Must be able to work around potentially hazardous chemicals
• Must have sufficient mobility to move and operate in confined work area
• Must work inside and outside
• Must be able to observe staff and all aspects of restaurant operations
• Must be able to stand and walk during an 8-to-10-hour shift; occasional shifts in excess of 10 hours may be required due to the demands of the business
• Must be able to tolerate extreme temperature changes in kitchen and freezer areas
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in restaurant, hospitality or retail management, additional operations and/or leadership experience strongly preferred
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Food Safety Manager certification required
• Strong organizational skills with excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in the English language
• Possesses basic math skill (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
• Places a value on diversity and shows respect for others
• Proven ability to problem solve and handle high stress situations
• Ability to interpret financial statements and understand contributing factors
• Must be able to perform job duties of every position
• Must be prepared to multitask in accordance with the demands of the business
• Ability to identify and anticipate opportunities and implement corrective action steps
• Ability to work weekends, holidays, and evenings
• Licensed to operate an automobile without hours of operations restrictions
• Has reliable transportation in order to meet banking obligations
Our brand is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, race, creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, military or veteran's status, criminal background, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or local law
Fredonia NY USA
Jobs in Fredonia NY United States
Restaurant Manager Fredonia jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.