Compass Group Minneapolis MN United States
3 months ago
Canteen One is seeking a Staff Accountant
Monday - Friday...
Trendy north loop office location in Minneapolis, MN.
65,000 - 70,000 / year
Let's talk about Canteen One! We are the national account management arm for Canteen, the largest and most experienced food and retail service company in the United States. We help our clients take the best breaks possible by providing unique and customized office coffee, vending, market, and pantry programs from coast-to-coast.
This position prepares monthly financial schedules for various departments within Canteen One, provides financial information on an ad hoc basis, and assists with a year-end budget, audit, and tax requirements. Additionally, this position works with the cleanup & reporting of our Sub-ledger activity, as well as understands and maintains the integrity of JD Edwards system through integrity report problem identification and resolution and provides assistance on any day-to-day issues that involve the Finance department. The Associate in this position must understand the underlying manual and system processes and the general ledger impact for assigned companies.
• Assist in ensuring that the month-end close process is completed according to the month-end close calendar.
• Recording both recurring and non-recurring journal entries to accounts ensuring that all income and expenses are properly and accurately recorded and charged to the correct departments.
• Print Operating Expense reports for assigned companies, investigate any major variances and report a summary of these variances to the Senior Staff Accountant, including any action needed, if any.
• The schedule of expense variances by business unit includes major variances and trends to budget and prior year.
• Reconcile assigned balance sheet accounts for assigned companies on a monthly basis.
• Run established financial and managerial reports.
• Assist in the preparation of schedules for the monthly financial packages provided to upper management.
• Review integrity reports and complete a monthly Integrity Issue schedule in Excel; Work with the department to review the findings
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field required
• 2 - 3 years of general ledger experience doing journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, and financial reporting required.
• CPA/CMA preferred
• Experience assisting with tax and audit schedule preparation preferred
• JD Edwards or equivalent ERP software experience is required
• Intermediate MS Excel skills required, including experience with Pivot tables, formulas, functions, V-Look ups, and importing and exporting to other applications
• Working knowledge of MS Word and MS Outlook required
• Organizational skills a must due to multi-task environment.
• Requires high skills to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions with little direction. Must possess strong reasoning and analytical skills.
• Must have solid interpersonal skills.
• Must have strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to prioritize.
Apply to Canteen One today!
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Associates at Canteen One are offered many fantastic benefits.
• Life Insurance/ AD
• Disability Insurance
• Retirement Plan
• Paid Time Off
• Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
• Associate Shopping Program
• Health and Wellness Programs
• Discount Marketplace
• Identity Theft Protection
• Pet Insurance
• Commuter Benefits
• Employee Assistance Program
• Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1162298
HELEN L GRIMMENGA
Minneapolis MN USA
Jobs in Minneapolis MN United States
Staff Accountant Minneapolis jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.