CRS Somalia Somalia
2 months ago
Job Title: Head of Programming I
Reports to: Country Manager (CM)
Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
Department: Programming Salary Grade: 11
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work are accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance, and peacebuilding.
CRS’ Program in Somalia aims to deliver outcomes at scale with a facilitative approach that focuses on partnerships, capacity building and a commitment to local leadership. We work through local implementing partners and collaborate closely with Government of Somalia and other stakeholders. With offices in Mogadishu and Baidoa, the CRS program portfolio in Somalia includes projects in Health, Nutrition, Water and Sanitation... Protection, Disaster management and Peacebuilding and is funded by public and private donors.
As a member of the Country Program (CP) Senior Management Team (SMT), you will provide strategic direction, leadership, and management of the CP Somalia programming portfolio to ensure the establishment and successful implementation of high-quality integrated programs serving the poor and vulnerable. Your leadership, management and knowledge will ensure that CRS Somalia’s programs deliver high-quality programming and continuously works towards learning and improving the impact of its programming. As part of the SMT, you will proactively manage security and mitigate security risks.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
• In collaboration with the Country Manager (CM) provide strategic direction for the design of the Somalia’s Program’s strategic frameworks and plans, including the development of resource mobilization strategies to optimize the impact of programming interventions in line with regional and agency strategic priorities.
• Lead high-quality project design incorporating project management standards and MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning) methods, appropriate to scope, context, and technical requirements of projects. Coordinate planning of activities across various projects from different sectors to ensure integration of program interventions and efficiency in implementation.
• Effectively manage talent, promote staff development, and supervise staff. Build strong and effective teams. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance assessment for direct reports. Developing staffing plans for projects and contribute to the recruitment process of senior project staff.
• In collaboration with the CM and business development staff oversee the business development cycle to ensure effective positioning, quality proposal development as per agency and donor standards, and effective leveraging.
• Create and maintain proper conditions for learning. Establish a safe environment for sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to deficiencies. Ensure high levels of accountability, learning and knowledge management overseeing implementation of the MEAL policy, cross-sectoral, cross-department, and agency-wide learning.
• Coordinate with CP operations leads to ensure strong management quality and program quality coordination including but not limited to appropriate project budgeting, human resource processes, staff safety and security, and efficient use and stewardship of organizational and program resources.
• Oversee the identification, assessment and strengthening of appropriate partnerships and the appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools, and approaches.
• Ensure technical assistance and capacity strengthening for project teams, accountability Mechanism and partners in project management standards and related MEAL, protection mainstreaming, gender, business development and operational activities. Identify training opportunities, develop training curriculum, and deliver trainings.
Required Languages – Oral and written English fluency is required, Somali/Arabic an advantage
Travel - Must be willing and able to travel up to 25% in country.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
• Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
• Team leadership abilities
• Presentation and facilitation skills
• Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
• Demonstrated commitment to respect, equity, diversity, and inclusion including gender equality.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Project leads, CP MEAL Manager, Emergency Coordinator, and others as determined.
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Country Representative, Country Manager, Operation Manager, Regional and HQ technical advisors
External: Donors, Church partners, Implementing partners, Government stakeholders
Head of Programming I, Mogadishu, Somalia jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.