GFL Environmental Inc.
GFL Environmental Inc. Vaughan Canada
3 months ago
GFL Environmental is looking for a Database Administrator to join our team in Vaughan, ON. The Database Administrator will support MS SQL database management activities including improving database quality and scripts. Developing and deploying DB scripts for data quality, stability, and security systems to support maintenance activities that meet or exceed SLAs.
• Creates and documents SOPs as they pertain to DB maintenance.
• Develops and designs database strategies and system monitoring; improving performance and plans for future expansion.
• Documented problems and associated resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent repeated future problems.
• Create and deploy feedback mechanisms for end users. Analyze results, make recommendations for support process improvement, and implement changes.
• Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
• Complete physical/logical database schema and... object design; develop new tables, views, triggers, and indexes to support a complex data model.
• Communicate regularly with business stakeholders on problem investigation and resolution
• Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
• Execute user and security management.
• Post software updates, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on company intranet to assist in problem resolution.
• Perform preventative maintenance, including the installation of service packs, patches, hot fixes, and so on.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Business, Information Technology, Computer Information systems or
• 4 years IT work experience (must have experience with Enterprise Application support)
• 2 years’ experience required with native SQL Server tools.
• Hands-on experience with enterprise and desktop applications, including SME in two or more of the following systems - TRUX, Tower, PC Scale, Microsoft Dynamics GP, OMS, HRIS, ETS, RAPA, LaserFiche, FleetFocus TMW, M5, Fleetmind, RouteSmart, Microsoft MapPoint and Microsoft Office, etc.
• Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques
• Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures.
• Have familiarity with overall architecture and systems integration
• Understand the importance of standards and data quality in application systems
• Knowledge of trends in technology relating to software applications
• Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
• Self-Starter with strong organizational skills
• Ability to conduct training and educating the business stakeholder
• Effectively documenting application issues and resolutions
• Must be user focused and foster good customer relations
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Willingness to work in a fast-paced constantly changing environment
• Be able to travel as required
• Strive for continuous improvement by identifying opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the application support work group
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs
Database Administrator Vaughan jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.