Saskatchewan Health Authority
Saskatchewan Health Authority Saskatoon Canada
3 months ago
The Addictions Counsellor Diploma will be accountable for providing outreach services in partnership with other programs in Mental Health and Addiction Services, Saskatoon, and others that are external, such as schools, youth secure detox, and crisis intervention. The incumbent will develop a personal needs assessment in consultation with the youth and their families, and facilitate the recovery process by referring, supporting, and advocating for the appropriate services. The incumbent will meet the needs of the client in and empathic and ethical manner consistent with Saskatchewan Health Authority philosophies and standards.
• Chemical Dependency diploma
• Valid Class 5 driver's license
1 year experience in clinically supervised mental health and addiction counseling required.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
• Ability to communicate with and maintain an effective working relationship with clients from... diverse social, economic and cultural backgrounds
• Ability to competently use computers and software applications as required by the position
• Advanced presentation skills
• Advanced research skills
• Communication skills to transfer knowledge/skills
• Counseling skills
• Presentation skills
• Field Hours
• Preference for this position will be given to HSAS members in accordance with the terms and conditions of the SAHO/HSAS Collective Agreement. HSAS seniority within the Saskatchewan Health Authority will be considered under the Selection Criteria.
Expected Start Date: March 27, 2023
Addictions Counsellor - Diploma Saskatoon jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.