Saskatchewan Polytechnic Prince Albert Canada
3 months ago
1. To provide academic and/or personal counselling for students regarding academic success, family, addictions, funding, mental health, goal planning, wellness, etc.
2. Provide crisis counselling as required to support the wellness and safety of students and the institution.
3. Liaise with and provide referrals to appropriate internal and external departments, agencies, and/or employers.
4. Support students by identifying and intervening on issues related to academic success and career development.
5. Maintain records and statistics of client-related information, and report such information as required.
6. Prepare and facilitate resources, events, group workshops, debriefings and/or presentations where requested.
7. Pursue professional development opportunities to keep current with employer and educational requirements.
8. Work cooperatively and collegially within a multi and inter-disciplinary team environment.
9. Contribute to a workplace environment which values the... beliefs, needs, and contributions of a culturally diverse community.
10. Be knowledgeable about, and creatively work to intervene on, the factors which affect people who are socioeconomically disadvantaged.
1. Master’s Degree which includes a supervised graduate Counselling practicum. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered for current faculty in counsellor or advisor roles.
2. Two years’ recent experience counselling in an educational, private practice, or mental health setting.
3. Effective interpersonal and communication skills in complex and emotionally charged situations.
4. Ability to work as a cooperative and collegial member of a multidisciplinary team to meet the needs of students.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of Indigenous social, economic and cultural challenges in Saskatchewan and the relationship of these challenges to the support of Indigenous students.
6. Be knowledgeable about intercultural and socioeconomic barriers to student success.
7. Demonstrated ability to utilize psychometric instruments in a counselling setting.
8. Ability to function as a team member in an ever-changing environment.
9. Demonstrated competence and recent experience in the use of the internet, e-mail, MS Office Suite, database and software applications and ability to learn and adapt to changing technology.
10. Demonstrates valuing diversity
Prince Albert SK
Educational Counsellor - Indigenous Prince Albert jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.